Look at personal preferences
- Do you have a preferred brand for the washing machine?
- If yes, focus on the brand of the washing machine.
How many people are in the family?
A single dog is definitely different from a washing machine purchased by a family of four. The capacity of the washing machine can only be determined by determining the number of people in the family.
Single dog, about 6 kg. (although it's a single dog, it's suggested that the capacity be a little bigger, in case you take off the bill one day!! And the sheets and quilts need to be washed.)
A family of three, with a capacity of more than 8 kg.
Family of more than five, 10 kg washing machine.
(note: if you want to wash the curtains at home, the washing machine capacity must be at least 9kg.)
Look at the urban climate and living environment
What is the climate of the city?
Washing machine purchase is a more personalized thing, the city where you buy the washing machine determines the function you pay attention to. If you are in a humid and rainy southern city, the drying function must be considered.
How about the living environment?
There are two points to see the living environment. If it is a room without a drying area in the apartment or the lighting of the room is not very good and the ventilation is poor, then the drying function of the washing machine is particularly important. If possible, an additional dryer can be considered.
If you are renting a house, you often need to move. It is not recommended to buy a heavy washing machine. A lightweight pulsator is more suitable.
Look at the budget range
The budget determines the type of washing machine you buy. Once the budget is determined, we can further select the washing machine.
After clarifying the above problems, we will look at the specific selection of washing machines.
You need to understand these parameters and configurations when you buy a washing machine
Is it better to choose a pulsator washing machine or a drum washing machine?
Before understanding the parameters and configuration, first, distinguish the difference between the pulsator washing machine and the drum washing machine.
The characteristics of the pulsator and drum washing machine are different, and the suitable crowd is also different.
For renters, the pulsator will be more suitable. For housewives who pay more attention to clothing care, the drum will be more suitable.
For people with poor waists and middle-aged and old people, the pulsator will be more suitable. For young people who like high appearance and easy operation, the drum will be more suitable.
what? After all that, you still don't know whether to choose the washing machine with a pulsator or the washing machine with a drum?
Well, that's easy.
- Like simple and crude, do not need the extra function, select pulsator washing machine.
- Like gentle, multi-functional, silk chiffon fabric clothing, choose the drum washing machine.
- Low-budget, efficient, selective pulsator washing machine.
- High budget, the pursuit of personalized laundry operation, choose drum washing machine.
Choosing the Cheapest and Best Portable washing machine depends on configuration and performance
- Motor: in pursuit of quieter, start with DD direct drive variable frequency motor, followed by BLDC motor.
- Self-cleaning function: self-cleaning function is very important, can save a lot of time.
- Inner barrel structure: stainless steel inner barrel, the diamond pattern is preferred.
- Water leakage protection: water leakage protection of the drain valve and the inlet valve is preferred.
- Energy efficiency level: first priority, second level.
- Double width of water and electricity: if the water pressure and voltage are not very stable, the purchase of the washing machine must pay attention to whether there is a water and electricity double-width function.
Drum washing machine
- Motor: priority frequency conversion motor, preferably DD direct drive frequency conversion, followed by BLDC motor.
- Cleaning technology: the core of the washing machine is to clean clothes. The unique cleaning technology is very important. Washing machines with persistent stains are preferred.
- Self-cleaning function: must-have, washing machine self-cleaning function is very important.
- Inner barrel structure: stainless steel rhombic inner barrel is preferred.
- Add clothes on the way: washing machines that can add clothes on the way are preferred.
- Energy efficiency level: first priority, second level.
Let's talk about the advantages and disadvantages of both
Advantages: microcomputer control washing and drying, saving time and labor, washing speed is relatively fast, cleaning power is good.
Disadvantages: it consumes electricity and water, and clothes are easy to knot and twist. Clothes with delicate materials may deform after washing once, even if it is cotton and hemp, which will deform after a long time. The drum will not have such a problem.
Drum washing machine
Advantages: microcomputer control of all functions, clothing without winding, the least way to wear clothes
Disadvantages: time-consuming, time is generally controlled in about an hour. Once the door of the drum washing machine is closed, it can't be opened in the process of washing. It's inconvenient to add clothes!
Which is better pulsator or a drum?
1. From the laundry time point of view:
The pulsator time is shorter
- The washing time is 1-2 hours
- The washing time is about 40 minutes
- If you want a shorter washing time, it is recommended to buy a pulsator washing machine, and the pulsator can continue to add clothes after starting. Although some rollers can also be used now, it is still not common.
2. From the point of view of saving water and electricity:
The pulsator consumes water and the drum consumes electricity
The power of the drum washing machine is generally about 200 watts. If the water temperature reaches 60 ℃, it takes more than 100 minutes to wash clothes once, and the power consumption is about 0.4 degrees.
The power of the pulsator washing machine is generally about 400 watts. It takes 40 minutes at most to wash clothes once, less than 0.3-kilowatt-hour. However, in terms of water consumption, the drum washing machine is about 40% - 50% of that of the pulsator washing machine.
3. From the wear of clothing
The drum washing machine simulates hand rubbing, with a uniform washing degree, low wear rate, and not easy-to-wrap clothes.
The washing cleanliness of the pulsator washing machine is 10% higher than that of the drum washing machine, and its wear rate is also 10% higher than that of the drum washing machine.
4. In terms of cleanliness
If it is required to be washed clean, it is recommended to choose the pulsator. If it is washed with normal-temperature water, the pulsator will be cleaner; if the roller is washed, it needs to be heated to wash it (but some clothes will deform when heated).
5. In terms of volume
The drum washing machine in the form of the side door does not occupy the upper space, and can be on the balcony to play a cabinet, using an embedded way for storage.
The area of the pulsator washing machine is small, and it adopts the form of the upper door opening, which can exist in the toilet, balcony, aisle, and other positions.
These two kinds of washing machines are very good, both have their own advantages and disadvantages, if you want to choose, you still need to according to your personal needs.
In terms of price, the drum washing machine is more expensive. However, if you usually wash more silk and silk clothes, it is recommended to choose the roller; if you wash more cotton clothes, choose a more affordable pulsator.
Finally, it is reminded that if the washing machine is used for a long time, it is easy to produce a musty smell. It is suggested that the water in the washing machine should be removed after washing clothes every time, and it is better to open the cover for more than half an hour, so as to avoid the musty smell and bacteria.
What is the difference between the DD motor and the traditional motor?
- The traditional motor is driven by a belt pulley, which is inefficient and noisy. If the belt is broken, the washing machine will not work.
- DD motor is a motor with higher efficiency and very low noise. It is generally used in medium and high-end washing machines. However, if there is a fault, the after-sales cost is slightly higher.
- At present, the DD motor and BLDC motor are widely used in the washing machine. Each of them has its own advantages.
- BLDC motor is more energy-saving, has a better balance effect, and has lower after-sales cost.
What is cleaning technology?
Basically, the major manufacturers of washing machines will develop exclusive cleaning technologies. Some are for stubborn stains, some are for accelerating the dissolution of washing solution, and more advanced ones are self-contained washing capsules.
The core function of the washing machine is to clean clothes, followed by the care of clothes, so cleaning technology is particularly important for drum washing machines.
Is it necessary to see the speed of the washing machine?
unnecessary. If you don't believe it, you can compare several washing machines. They are almost the same. The pulsator is 700 or 900, and the drum is 1200 or 1400. Moreover, this is the maximum constant value, which has no reference significance.
Basically, the washing machine with the BLDC motor has this parameter.
Is washing and drying machines worth buying?
As a person who often helps others buy washing machines, I know your feelings too well. Many friends are very tangled, and in the end, is to buy a washing and drying machine or washing machine and dryer alone.
The advantage of washing and drying machines is high-cost performance, and very space-saving, and one button to complete the washing and drying function is the lazy people's favorite.
The disadvantage is that the drying speed is slow and the drying capacity is smaller than the washing capacity. If it is not cleaned well, it is easy to cause secondary pollution in the washing machine.
The advantages of washing machines and dryers are that the washing and drying capacity is large, and the drying efficiency is high, and the dryer is cleaner and more assured.
The disadvantage is that the price is high and more living space is needed. Even if it is stacked, it needs to have enough space.
In my opinion, there is no absolutely perfect product. If you are renting a house or living in a small space, you can start washing and drying machines directly. As long as you clean the washing machine regularly, you don't have to worry about this problem.
If you have a good budget and living space allows, it's OK to start with a separate washing machine and dryer.
What should be paid attention to in the installation of the washing machine?
If you have your own washing machine installed by your partner, you must pay attention to the following three points. It is recommended to read the product manual carefully before installation.
Please install the small partner of the master who can skip this link directly.
- Remove the four fixing bolts, otherwise, the washing machine will be like dancing when it dries, and it will not be able to hold it.
- The installation position should be stable and avoid sunlight.
- The height of the drainpipe should be suitable to prevent siphons. The height of the drainage pipe is between 0.5m and 1.1m.
Of course, the installation is not finished, but the washing machine should be cleaned first. After that, run the washing machine again to see if there is any problem with the washing machine, or if there is water leakage in the drainage if so, find customer service to solve it in time.
Cheapest and Best Portable Washing Machine.
1. ZENSTYLE Compact Mini Top Load Washing Machine
- 2 in 1 multipurpose design allows you to do the washing and spin-drying at the same time
- Powerful yet quiet motor to ensure your clothes are thoroughly washed in low noise
- Large capacity totally 17.6 lbs(washer: 11 lbs, spinner: 6.6 lbs); Enable to wash 7-9 shirts and pants
- A perfect time/space/energy-saving washing machine
- An ideal choice for doing laundry in a compact or moving environment
- Suit to dorms, college rooms, apartments, RV’s, camping, traveling, and more.
This portable Top-loading washing machine by Avanti is perfect for anyone living in an apartment or small living space without access to laundry. It features 8 Automatic Cycles, Auto-Power Off & Control Lock-Out, Safety / Splash Guard Lid. There are 3 Load Size Selections (Small, Medium, Large) for your convenience.
3. Pyle Portable Washer & Spin Dryer
- 2-in-1 washing machine & spin-dryer
- convenient top-loading easy access system
- Does not require any special parts or plumbing
- hassle-free operation: simply insert detergent & water
- watch it out: translucent tub container window
- top panel rotary control wash timer - energy & water efficient design
- ideal for smaller laundry loads - perfect for underwear, socks, t-shirts & towels - rotary control wash timer - compact & portable size technical Specs:
- High-Powered washing motor: 250 watt - wash-load capacity: 7.7 lbs.
- spin-dryer power: 120 watt
- spin-dryer capacity: 3.3 lbs.
- power: 110V - Dimensions: 22.2'' X 13.9'' X 23.6''
4. COMFEE' Portable Washing Machine
Feeling unsafe going to Laundromat? Tire of sending and picking up clothes from the public washer? Want to have your own laundry set up in your bathroom? Let this little machine do all the magic for you! It's small, space-saving, and yet powerful to take care of your daily laundry needs.
- Space-saving fits in your room/RV/dormitory nicely
- High quality and durable motor, providing stable power
- Stainless steel inner tub with multiple washing programs to choose from
- See-through lid and LED display
- Wheels to move around
5. Danby Washing Machine in White-Compact Top Load Washer for Apartments, Small Spaces
Enjoy the convenience of in-home laundry, even in small spaces, with this 0. 9 cu. ft. Washing machine by Danby. The compact size and top load design make this washing machine easy to install use and store when needed. Featuring all the wash cycles you need to accommodate all your various laundry needs.
Additional features include a durable stainless steel drum, a wash complete buzzer, a built-in auto-balancing function, and a time delay function. With its powerful 900 RPM spin speed and 160 RPM wash speed this unit will leave your laundry washed perfectly in no time.
6. Basecamp F235884 Portable Single Tub Washing Machine
Basecamp washing machine products allow even the most rugged traveler/Camper to enjoy clean clothes while they are spending time with nature. These products are both lightweight and portable, yet deliver the power to dig in and efficiently clean clothes. Eyewash...your fellow Campers will appreciate the investment
7. RCA White
Size:0.9 cu ft
Manufacturer Curtis International Ltd Manufacturer Part Number RPW091 Brand Name RCA Product Model RPW091
Product Name 0 9 Cu Ft Portable Washer Product Type Washer [Technical Information]
Loading Type Top Loading Washing Capacity 0 90 ft Features LED Display Durable Quiet Operation End-of-Cycle Signal Delay Start Leveling Legs [Power Description]
Input Voltage 120 V AC [Energy & Performance] Maximum Spin Speed (rpm) 800 [Physical Characteristics]
Color White Transparent Material Stainless Steel Drum Plastic Lid Height 32" Width 18" Weight (Approximate) 63 lb [ ] Limited 1 Year
8. Magic Chef White
For small loads and limited space, the Magic Chef 0.9 cu. ft. compact washer is a lifesaver. This mini top-load washer is a perfect solution when you do not have tons of space for a laundry setup. Its compact, space-saving design makes it a great choice for apartments and vacation homes. Equipped with a variety of convenience features, this compact washer includes a see-through window, stainless steel inner tub, and electronic controls with an LED display. Multiple wash programs provide flexible wash options and excellent fabric care.
9. Casart Washing Machine Portable Compact Full-Automatic Washer and Spinner
Our portable full automatic laundry washing machine only needs a small space for the store, which is a solution for compact living. It is maxing weight capacity to reach 8 lbs, which is a good choice for an apartment or dorm doing medium or little-weight laundry.
This machine features a built-in drain Aluminum pump and a Drainage Tube Which Allows You To Easily Drain Out Dirty Water. You can stop wasting hours keeping an eye on the washing machine for its full automatic cleaning mode.
It has three water levels: L/16L M/23L H/30L, and you can choose a suitable level according to the number of clothes you need to wash, which saves Water And Electricity. Do not hesitate to buy one description.