Today we recommend the best air purifiers in the United States in 2021. Living in the United States, air purifiers are deeply loved by people, because a good air purifier can not only keep the indoor air fresh but also better protect your health.
Therefore, choosing the air purifier that is most suitable for you has a key role in improving your quality of life. Choosing the best air purifier is not an easy task.
Here are the 15 best air purifiers selected according to different needs in the United States for your reference.
The Best Air Purifier in The United States in 2021 – Reviews and Buying
1. Rabbit Air MinusA2
Rabbit Air MinusA2. The best air purifier in 2021==》Amazon purchase link
In the air purifier market, Rabbit Air MinusA2 is an air purifier with the best quality and the highest air purification quality. Since 2004, Rabbit Air has been in a leading position in the American air purifier market. And Rabbit Air MinusA2 has created a six-stage purification and deodorization system, which can provide you with the freshest and freshest air.
Its 6-stage purification system is:
- Pre-filter: The indoor air first passes through this layer of pre-filter, where it will capture all large particles as well as dust mites and some pet hair. (This layer can be cleaned and can be used permanently)
- Medium filter: In this layer, it will filter pollen, pet dander, mold, and dust particles. These particles are relatively small and can bypass the pre-filter.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA filter: In this layer, it can capture 99.97% of all allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungus particles, with a particle size as low as 0.3 microns. Rabbit Air has improved the efficiency and life of HEPA filters by improving the technology of air filters.
- Personalized custom filter: This layer can double protection for various special needs (such as bacterial defense, pet allergies, deodorant, or toxin absorbent), and can provide double protection.
- Activated carbon filter: In this layer, it can help you eliminate odors, smoke, and chemical vapors in the air.
- Ionizer: On this layer, it can capture the smallest pollutant particles. This layer can choose to open or close this function.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 uses advanced smart technology, you can use your smartphone to control it through the wireless network. It can cover 800 square feet (approximately 75 square meters of space). Its noise is also very small, quiet, and powerful. And its power consumption is very low, very power-saving.
- First-class purification function
- Advanced air filtration technology
- There are sensors and Wi-Fi capabilities and other smart features
- High-efficiency features save maintenance costs
- Can be installed on the wall to save space
- 5-year warranty
2. Levoit Core 300
Levoit Core 300. The best portable air purifier under $100==》Amazon purchase link
Levoit Core 300 is the latest device in 2020, it has the advantages of high quality and very affordable price. And it has passed the triple certification of Energy Star, AHAM, CARB, and is considered a very efficient and safe air purifier.
Levoit Core 300 has won the Reddot Award and many other world-renowned design awards. It is the cheapest and most portable air purifier among powerful air purification systems.
It has 3 layers of filtration system:
- Pre-filter: This nylon pre-filter can capture large particles of pollutants, and the filter needs to be vacuumed regularly to ensure its working efficiency.
- True HEPA filter: It can filter out dust mite allergens, virus particles, pollen, and bacterial particles.
- Activated carbon filter: very suitable for eliminating odor and smoke in the home.
The biggest feature of this air purifier is that its performance is the best among purifiers of the same price. For those with allergies and asthma, it is the best choice in terms of price. Its HEPA filter meets strict standards and can remove 99.97% of dust, smoke, odor, mold spores, pet dander, and particles as small as 0.3 microns. Its filter service life is about 6-8 months. After the time has passed, it needs to be replaced to achieve the best purification effect.
- The number one air purifier with a price of less than $100
- Powerful and efficient fan
- Small size, very easy to carry
- Little noise
3. LEVOIT Air Purifiers 350
LEVOIT Air Purifiers 350, the most suitable purifier for allergens and pet hair==》Amazon purchase link
The Levoit Core P350 has a new matte silver option, which is actually the same size as the Levoit Core 300 in terms of design and size. This air purifier adopts a cylindrical design concept and has the same smooth flow curve and 360° air intake grille as the Core 300 model.
It has a design concept of an air circulation purification system from bottom to top to help direct clean air to users. This air purifier is specially designed for the bedroom, so you can sleep better with pet cats and dogs. Levoit Core P350 weighs only 7.5 pounds. It is a truly compact air purifier that can be taken anywhere in the house and is very convenient to move.
This air purifier has an iconic three-stage air purification system, without any ion generator or UV-C filter, which is completely ozone-free.
- Pre-filter: This new non-woven nylon pre-filter can capture more large particles, such as dust, pet hair, and loose fur. You need to vacuum clean the filter regularly because it is only effective for a short period of time.
- Real HEPA filter: Levoit Core P350 uses a real HEPA filter to reduce 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns, pet dander, virus particles, pollen, and bacterial particles.
- Activated carbon filter: This activated carbon filter can eliminate smoke and unpleasant odors in the kitchen, pets, and even outdoors.
The special and advanced activated carbon filter is exactly what we expect. The Levoit Core P350 upgrades the ARC Formula from the basic Pet Allergy air filter of the previous model and turns any air pollutants into harmless molecules, thus avoiding second-hand pollution.
You can think of this function as an additional protective layer, which is the same antibacterial treatment function used in other high-end air purifiers. Its outstanding feature is that it has Levoit's high-quality H13 True HEPA filter, which can reduce particles by up to 99.97% (up to 0.3 microns), which is very efficient and has a very good air purification effect.
It is basically the same as Levoit Core 300, but it has a special advanced treatment for pet odor and dander. Levoit Core P350 introduces the new Vortexair technology, which is the same as the advanced cyclone technology in Levoit Core 300. It can increase the fan power in a compact air purifier, and its coverage area is 215 sq ft. If you have pets in your house, it is a very good choice.
The main functions of Levoit Core P350 include:
- Pet control lock: Press and hold this button for 3 seconds to lock the control panel, so all settings cannot be changed.
- 3Fan speed: Touch this button, you can switch between low, medium, and high fan speed settings.
- Sleep mode: This mode sets the fan speed to an ultra-low setting, so it will be quieter when you sleep.
- Display light on/off: press this button to turn on and off the control panel lights.
- Timer: The timer function enables you to automatically turn off the air purifier after a set number of hours, including 2, 4, 6, and 8-hour options.
- Check the filter indicator: this is not a button, but a reminder. It lights up every six months and reminds you to check the Levoit Core P350 filter element. If it looks dirty, it's time to change it. If it is still relatively clean, you can continue to run the air purifier without replacing it.
4. Blueair HealthProtect 7470i
Blueair HealthProtect 7470i, an air purifier suitable for bedrooms and medium-sized rooms==》Amazon purchase link
Today, Blueair is recognized as the number one brand of air purifiers, and its products are sold in more than 40 countries/regions. Thanks to its improved and advanced HEPASilent technology, all Blueair air purifiers can safely remove and destroy all airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns.
It has an impressive upgraded version of HEPASilent Ultra technology, unique GermShield technology that can resist viruses and bacteria, and has a powerful fan power. As a Blueair air purifier, Blueair HealthProtect 7470i has been tested and certified by the Association of Household Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), California Air Resources Board (CARB), and Energy Star.
Blueair HealthProtect 7470i has a spiral air outlet that can deliver more clean air to every corner of the room. The height of this air purifier is 27.2 inches, so it is larger than the top model of the Classic series. However, it occupies a small space, only 11.8 inches, so it is very space-saving and easy to place.
It has an advanced LCD display that can provide a display of air quality: the concentration of particles of different sizes, VOC content, temperature, and humidity.
It has the following filtering systems:
- Pre-filter-For best performance, you need to clean the pre-filter regularly. It can capture large pollutants to extend the service life of the smart filter.
- Smart filter-Blueair's most advanced filter technology, it can remove pollutants and allergens in the air, such as pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, fine smoke, and so on. It can also absorb chemicals, volatile organic compounds (VOC), and unpleasant household odors from cooking, smoking, and pets.
HEPASilent Ultra is the proprietary name of the company's next-generation air purification technology. By combining electrostatic and mechanical filtration, Blueair HealthProtect 7470i can adhere ultra-fine particles to the filter. The effectiveness of this technology is to remove 99.97% of particles as low as 0.1 microns in the air.
Once the contaminants are trapped by it, the combination of charging and high airflow will kill viruses and bacteria, which also helps prevent any bacterial growth inside the air purifier. This technology is called GermShield, and it is always available even when the device is on standby. And all Blueair air filters have natural antibacterial properties and are 100% recyclable, it does not contain chemicals and adhesives.
Its work efficiency is also very high, HealthProtect 7470i can remove 99.98% of the smallest 0.3-micron air particles in a 300sq ft. room in just 1 hour. HealthProtect 7470i is an ENERGY STAR air purifier, so it can keep power consumption at a maximum of 48 watts, which is less than a light bulb. At the lowest speed, the power of the air purifier can be as low as 8 watts, which is far better than all Classic and Pro models in the same price range.
- Amazing and powerful HEPASilent Ultra technology
- Made of high-quality materials with high-end intelligent functions
- 5-year warranty
5. Winix AM90
Winix AM90 air purifier with uniquely powerful and safe technology==》Amazon purchase link
Winix AM90 air purifier has Winix's unique technology-PlasmaWave, which can generate positive and negative ions (in a plasma state). Then, it generates hydroxyl to neutralize any kind of pollutants in the air, such as viruses, bacteria, bacteria, odors, and chemical gases VOCs.
PlasmaWave is considered to be the safest technology against the smallest bacteria. And it has intelligent functions, you can use a smartphone through a wireless network or use Alexa voice of its control.
It has 4 layers of filtration system:
- Pre-filter: The pre-filter will help trap relatively large substances in the air, such as pet hair and dust.
- Activated carbon filter: This layer of the filter can absorb the smell of cooking at home, smoke, and pet smell, and reduce VOCs.
- True HEPA filter: This layer can capture 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungus particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Winix PlasmaWave filter: In this layer, it can further reduce the number of pollutants. This layer can be turned on or off.
Through the combination of HEPA filter and Winix PlasmaWave filter technology, this air purifier is very powerful and can filter most of the pollutants in the air.
- Unique powerful and safe PlasmaWave technology
- Smart functions such as smart sensors and Wi-Fi connections
- Very quiet with little noise
6. Coway Airmega 400
Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier with 1,560 Sq.Ft. Coverage The largest air purifier with coverage==》Amazon purchase link
AIRMEGA is Coway's most expensive air purifier product. Its biggest advantage is that it is equipped with a high-end Max2 air filter, which improves performance without emitting ozone. So far, AIRMEGA 400S is Coway's flagship product.
Let us first take a look at this powerful air filtration system of AIRMEGA 400:
- Pre-filter: A powerful washable pre-filter can help you capture the largest indoor pollutants. Before reinstalling, remember to dry it before use.
- Max2 filter: a combination of the activated carbon filter and True HEPA filter, this filter can capture up to 99.97% of 0.3-micron air particles. It also reduces more than 99% of volatile organic compounds and reduces gases such as ammonia ( NH3) and acetaldehyde ( CH3CHO ).
This air purifier is very energy-saving and energy-saving. It has passed the Energy Star certification. Even if it is opened every day, it will not cost a lot of electricity.
This model does not have a Wi-Fi connection function, but it has a smart sensor. After setting it, you don’t need to worry about it. It will automatically adjust the fan speed based on the sensor and the air quality.
- Carefully crafted with the highest quality materials
- Fans with excellent technology and powerful functions
- Very quiet and low noise
- 3-year warranty
7. Dyson Cool AM07
Dyson Cool AM07 Air Multiplier Tower Fan, an air purifier with the strongest sense of technology==》Amazon purchase link
This Dyson Cool AM07 purifier is very smart and has many functions that can be adjusted and customized. Especially for patients with allergies and asthma, this purifier will be of great help.
It mainly has two filter systems:
- 360° glass HEPA filter: can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Activated carbon filter: helps reduce and eliminate odors in the room
- Real-time air quality feedback helps to understand when to increase fan speed
- Automatic mode can monitor and adjust purification according to air quality
- Large amps are great for moving air through larger rooms
Dyson Cool AM07 can use several different methods to display its functions, such as: display, remote control, or control with a smartphone.
Display screen: The display screen is located at the bottom of the air purifier and contains menus, customizable functions, and real-time current readings of air quality. AQ stands for "air quality" and AUTO means that the current fan speed is "automatically adjusted".
In the "automatic mode", the fan will automatically adjust the speed according to the air quality. In the custom mode, you can also customize the fan speed and wind direction. It should be noted that you cannot use the display to change the settings, you need to use it with the remote control to determine the current settings.
Remote control: You can use its own remote control to turn on/off the purifier, adjust the fan speed (1-10), adjust the swing base of the purifier (0-350°), adjust the airflow direction (forward or backward), Turn on the sleep timer, turn on the automatic mode, scroll through the sensor readings (using the "i" button) and other functions.
Mobile phone control: Download the Dyson Cool AM07 application with your smartphone, you can use it to control all the same functions and settings as the remote control, such as:
- Provide real-time air quality monitoring based on your geographic location (for example, how good the outside air quality is)
- Provide real-time air quality monitoring based on the sensor data of the Dyson air purifier itself (PM10, PM2.5, VOC, etc.)
- Allows you to set automatic on/off
- Voice control function
- Download software updates
- Intelligent control: Dyson Cool AM07 air purifier can be controlled by a smartphone, voice control (paired with voice control devices such as Amazon Echo), or physical remote control.
- Real-time air quality: Pure Cool purifier can also measure real-time air quality (internal and external). In the "automatic mode", this function allows Dyson to adjust itself as needed to adapt to changing air conditions.
- Customizable airflow: Dyson air purifier also has many functions, which can provide you with a customized airflow experience: you can adjust the fan speed between 1-10, adjust the airflow direction (forward or backward) or adjust the swing Angle (0-350°).
8. Blueair Classic 680i Air Purifier
Blueair Classic 680i Air Purifier, a very powerful air purifier==》Amazon purchase link
Blueair Classic 680i is the best choice for Blueair. It has unparalleled performance, in the Blueair series of products, it has high-end features and a built-in air sensor. It can take full advantage of its best technology and combine it with an upgraded design, including a new set of casters, smart and dynamic airflow system.
Blueair Classic 680i air purifier, using HEPASilent technology and double protection filter, can be used in large rooms in the family. It has the function of supporting Wi-Fi and an integrated air quality sensor. It has been verified that 99.99% of the 12 most common airborne viruses and bacteria, including H1N1 and E. coli, can be removed from the indoor environment.
It has three-dimensional air interaction so that the machine has a complete 360° air distribution. The air inlet and outlet are located on both sides, which can better circulate the air. Its shell is made of durable galvanized steel, which is very good in terms of feel and appearance.
Blueair Classic 680i has a longer service life. It is relatively large, and fortunately, it has 4 casters to help you move it. In addition to high-end additional functions, the exclusive air filtration technology of Blueair Classic 680i is its biggest advantage:
The gradient structure of the Blueair filter can trap particles of various sizes while maintaining maximum airflow. Even if the filter is heavy, it will not clog or release particles into the air again. Its filter media uses ultrasonic bonding to prevent filter fibers and other particles from being re-added to the environment. The only thing that comes out of its filter is clean air.
Air is sucked into the air purifier from the rear, passes through the filter, and then exits from the exhaust grill on the top. The filtered air leaving the exhaust grille is full of negative ions, and the ions collide with particles in the air in the room and become charged. When the air is sucked into the equipment again, the HEPASilent filter will trap the charged particles to achieve the function of purifying the air.
Its filter has a highly porous structure, which is made of activated carbon, which can trap gas and odors, and the natural antibacterial polypropylene fiber in its filter prevents the growth of bacteria and mold, so the filter will not remove bacteria and The mold is put back into the air.
You can check the air quality at any time through its mobile APP, and its air quality sensor has been integrated into this Blueair Classic 680i air purifier. You can easily see the air quality in the room with your smartphone. Connect it to the Blueair Friend app to track changes in indoor air quality and understand how the air quality changes according to various activities. You can also use other smart devices for long-distance Control of the air purifier and obtain outdoor air quality data.
- Effectively eliminate dust, pollen, pet dander, bacteria, volatile organic compounds, smoke, and other harmful substances in the air
- With a combination of HEPASilent and flue gas filter
- Remove pollen, allergens, and asthma triggers
- Suitable for bedrooms or large rooms with a maximum area of 72 square meters
- Considering capacity and performance, Blueair Classic 680i is an ideal solution to eliminate harmful particles in the air. This is an excellent choice to ensure the safety of your family and remove odors and other air impurities, but its disadvantage is that it is more expensive
9. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier, a cost-effective air purifier==》Amazon purchase link
Coway is ranked first in the Korean air purifier market in 2020. It is one of the best air purifier companies in the world. The widely acclaimed Coway AP-1512HH is due to its outstanding performance and high-cost performance. It has been selected by many well-known evaluation experts.
So why does the Coway Mighty Air Purifier AP-1512HH get such a high evaluation in many evaluations?
Mainly due to its 4-stage air filtration system:
- Pre-filter: The washable pre-filter will help you capture pet hair, human hair and mold, and other large particles of pollutants in the air.
- Activated carbon filter: This filter has the greatest effect, can deodorize and trap harmful gases, so as to keep your place fresh and tasteless.
- True HEPA filter: High-performance composite True HEPA filter that can capture 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungus particles as low as 0.3 microns.
- Ionizers: Important ionizers can capture even the smallest airborne particles and send them back to other filters. This function can be turned on or off.
The performance of the Coway AP-1512HH is excellent, and it can even go hand-in-hand with any air purifier whose price is between $300-$400, such as Oransi mod or Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster. It can handle many pollution sources in the air while maintaining a relatively affordable price, so it is favored by many users.
The unique selling point of this Coway AP-1512HH is the impressive Eco Mode, which can turn off the fan when no air pollution is detected, which is ideal for saving energy. As an energy star air purifier, Coway AP-1512HH is suitable for long-term investment, and its annual filter and energy costs are also very low.
It has a smart sensor that can automatically adjust the airflow speed according to the air quality. The room coverage of this air purifier is 360sq ft. Based on its 4 air changes per hour level, its performance is very impressive. With such powerful features, Coway AP-1512HH has won many certificates and awards, including the approval seal of the British Allergy Foundation.
One thing to pay attention to is the indicator light on the top because it is too bright and cannot be turned off. If you are sensitive to light while sleeping, you may need a cover to cover the overhead light to sleep at ease.
- Amazing performance, low maintenance cost
- Small size and very light
- The fan has high power and intelligent functions to save energy
- 3-year warranty
10. Germ Guardian Air Purifier AC9200W
Germ Guardian Air Purifier AC9200W, an air purifier with very strong sterilization ability==》Amazon purchase link
Guardian Technologies, as an American brand that only produces high-quality air purifiers, uses UV-C light filtration technology to create many excellent air purifiers that can clean mold spores, viruses, and bacteria.
Among the many types of equipment it produces, GermGuardian AC9200WCA is one of the most powerful flagship products and has obtained Energy Star (Energy Star), AHAM, and CARB certification, it has high performance, excellent energy efficiency, and safety.
It has a 4-stage air filtration system:
- Pre-filter: This layer can capture large dust particles and pet hair, mainly to help extend the life of the True HEPA filter.
- Real HEPA filter: GermGuardian AC9200WCA uses a real HEPA filter, which can filter up to 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns, such as house dust, pet dander, mold spores, and plant pollen.
- Activated carbon filter: Activated carbon particle filter can reduce harmful VOC emissions from pets, smoke and dust, odors generated during cooking, and various household products and chemicals.
- UV-C lamp: The latest GermGuardian UV-C bulbs can kill bacteria without using chemicals and do not produce ozone or chemical spray. It can also kill airborne bacteria, viruses, and mold spores.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA not only has a high-efficiency UV-C bulb, but also a high-quality superb True HEPA filter and activated carbon filter. Its outstanding performance and high CADR-rated fan power verified by AHAM make it a very eye-catching air purifier. Through many rigorous tests, we can confirm that the fan power of GermGuardian AC9200WCA is even better than Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0.
- Excellent performance level
- The powerful air filtration process
- Strong resistance to viruses and mold spores
- High CADR rated fan power
- 5-year warranty
11. Winix A230 Tower
Winix A230 Tower H13 True HEPA 4-Stage Air Purifier for small rooms==》Amazon purchase link
This air purifier is very suitable for use in small rooms. This WINIX A230 air purifier has the same air purification system as the top equipment of the Korean manufacturer:
- Pre-filter: A fine mesh pre-filter can reduce the largest airborne particles in the air.
- True HEPA filter: It can capture 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungus particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Activated carbon filter: This layer of the filter can absorb VOC and household odors from cooking, pets, and smoke.
- Winix PlasmaWave: Proprietary Winix technology that can safely eliminate pollutants. Can be turned on/off.
Its coverage area is 230Sq ft, which is very suitable for use in small rooms. The CADR rating of Winix AM230 is 145 cfm. It has the iconic PlasmaWave technology, which can easily neutralize bacteria and viruses without releasing ozone that is harmful to your health. Combined with an internal air filter, Winix A230 can better clean the air in your room. It is also a very portable air purifier.
- Has smart sensors
- All-in-one air filter with 360° grille design
- Tested and certified by many standards
- Suitable for use in small rooms, easy to carry
12. IQAir HealthPro Plus Home HEPA Air Purifier
IQAir HealthPro Plus Home HEPA Air Purifier, high-end home large room air purifier==》Amazon purchase link
This air purifier is equipped with a 3-stage filtration system. It consists of a pre-filter, a V5-Cell gas and odor filter, and a HyperHEPA filter:
- PreMax pre-filter (service life: about 18 months)
- V5-Cell gas and odor filter (service life: about 24 months)
- HyperHEPA filter (service life: about 50 months)
The filter housing is completely airtight to prevent any air leakage. The PreMax pre-filter works by eliminating coarse particles. They include mold spores, pet dander, pollen, etc. By removing these particles from the air, it is also possible to prevent the main particle filter from being clogged prematurely.
After using the max-pre pre-filter, it also has a V5-Cell activated carbon filter. The filter consists of 5 pounds of granular activated carbon and impregnated activated alumina, which absorbs and oxidizes odors, VOCs, and gases in the air. The best part of the filtration system is HyperHEPA filtration technology.
Unlike ordinary HEPA filters, IQAir's HyperHEPA filter can remove ultra-fine particles, and its size is 100 times smaller. Compared with the ordinary HEPA filter with an efficiency rating of 99.97% at 0.03 microns, the HyperHEPA filter has an efficiency rating of 99.5% at 0.003 microns.
The HyperHEPA filter was tested at the IQAir production plant in Switzerland and can remove particles smaller than 0.1 microns in size, such as smoke, ultrafine dust, and airborne microorganisms. These ultra-fine particles form 90% of airborne pollutants, which can only settle after staying in the air for several hours. IQAir HealthPro Plus has a vertical, modular design, so it is very suitable for large spaces, such as living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, home offices, and other places.
- H13 medical-grade particle filter
- With a large amount of absorbent media to remove gas and odor
- Modular design, 3D Ultraseal can prevent air leakage
- Level 6 fan speed
- With programmable timer and remote control
- Replacement indicator with separate filter
- Made in Switzerland, quality assurance, ten-year warranty
13. Vornado PCO575DC Air Purifier
Vornado PCO575DC Air Purifier with True HEPA and Carbon Filtration==》Amazon purchase link
As an American brand that only produces high-quality air purifiers, Vornado uses UV-C light filtration and PCO (photocatalytic oxidation) technology to create many excellent air purifiers that can eliminate mold spores, viruses, and bacteria. Among many devices, Vornado PCO575DC is the most powerful air purifier and has passed Energy Star, AHAM, and CARB certifications to provide high performance, high energy efficiency, and safety.
It has a 4-layer filtering system:
- Pre-filter: Permanently washable pre-filter filter can capture large dust particles and pet hair, mainly to help extend the life of the True HEPA filter.
- True HEPA filter: Vornado PCO575DC uses a true HEPA filter, which can filter up to 99.97% of 0.39-micron particles, such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores, and plant pollen.
- Activated carbon filter: The honeycomb carbon filter absorbs a peculiar smell and freshens the indoor air.
- Silverscreen compartment: The Silverscreen technology uses UV-C filters to eliminate harmful gases, volatile organic compounds (VOC), viruses, and bacteria in the air.
In addition, Vornado PCO575DC's patented Silverscreen technology can even decompose volatile organic compounds (VOC) in chemicals. Vornado PCO575DC not only has high-efficiency UV-C bulbs, but the equipment also has high-quality and superb True HEPA filters and activated carbon filters. Its outstanding performance and high CADR-rated fan power verified by AHAM make it an excellent air purifier.
- Impressive performance
- Advanced sterilization technology
- Accurate dual air sensor
14. Sharp FXJ80UW IoT Wi-Fi Enabled Plasmacluster Ion Purifier
The best air purifier made in Japan Sharp FXJ80UW IoT Wi-Fi Enabled Plasmacluster Ion Purifier==》Amazon purchase link
Companies like Sharp with more than 100 years of foundation and development experience are known for manufacturing advanced Plasmacluster technology, which can completely eliminate viruses and bacteria.
This Sharp FX-J80UW air purifier has the following three-layer air filtration system:
- Activated carbon filter: It helps to reduce pet odor and smoke, as well as some common household chemicals.
- Real HEPA filter: A real HEPA filter can capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns, such as pollen, dust, pet dander, smoke, bacteria, viruses, odors, molds, and fungi.
- Plasma technology: This technology is an ionizer that can further reduce the number of pollutants. Can be turned on/off.
Its high-end True HEPA filter can be used for 2 years and is one of the best and most unique air filtration technologies in air purifiers. In addition, Sharp FX-J80UW can reduce 90.2% of MS2 virus, 94% of E. coli, as much as 84.3% of Staphylococcus epidermidis, and 87.7% of molds and fungi in just 4 hours.
This is a result of 17 honorary experiments worldwide. Results of certification tests conducted in the laboratory. And it has an efficient CADR rating of 360 cfm, no matter what your room size, you can ensure that the air purifier can be cleaned.
This air purifier also has first-class smart features, such as Wi-Fi function and dual laser air sensors. The flagship product can even read indoor humidity and temperature, which can greatly help you control indoor air quality. Moreover, it is also very power-saving. Sharp FX-J80UX is certified by AHAM and Energy Star for its low energy consumption and high performance.
- Top-notch performance
- The advanced air filtration process
- Excellent smart functions
15. Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Air Purifier
Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Air Purifier. The most well-known air purifier==》Amazon purchase link
Honeywell is a well-known brand. It has a history of more than 130 years and is a very famous brand. It has a powerful ozone-free air purification system, which is very efficient and has passed CARB certification.
It has 2 layers of filtering system:
- Pre-filter: There is an activated carbon filter in this layer of pre-filter, which will help to adsorb VOCs, gases, odors and capture larger particles.
- True HEPA filter: This layer of the filter can capture up to 99.97% of pollutant particles as small as 0.3 microns, such as pet dander, mold, virus, bacteria, and pollen.
In order to reduce the size of the air purifier, Honeywell combines a pre-filter and an activated carbon filter. However, this pre-filter needs to be replaced after 3 months. This is a big disadvantage because the cost of replacing the filter element is high. And it’s a bit noisy.
- Historically well-known brands
- Relatively cheap
- Covering a large area of 465 Square Ft (approximately 43 square meters)
- 5-year warranty
Common filter element types of air purifiers:
The main function of an air purifier is to filter out impurities and toxic substances in the air we breathe, so its filter plays a very important role in purifying the air.
Our common air purifiers have the following filter elements:
1. True HEPA filter
The True HEPA filter is very suitable for filtering out dust, pollen, and other allergens, mold spores, pet dander, and similar small pollutants. HEPA means that the filter can very effectively remove most particulate air pollution from the air (this kind of pollution is known to cause and worsen heart and lung diseases). The filter marked as True HEPA can remove 99.97% of particulate pollution as low as 0.3 microns. The True HEPA filter is very important to clean the air, so we recommend that you only consider using True HEPA models.
2. Pre-filter that can be cleaned
The cleanable pre-filter is ideal for capturing large particles, and it is used to help prevent the True HEPA filter from being clogged with dust. Although some manufacturers make some aluminum pre-filters and carbon pre-filters, they are usually plastic.
They have two characteristics:
- First, they trap larger debris, such as pet fur, human hair, and dust clumps, so that this debris will not clog True HEPA and shorten its lifespan.
- Secondly, they can usually be cleaned and put back into the equipment for repeated use. This can save the cost of purchasing replacement filters.
3. Activated carbon or charcoal filter
Activated carbon/charcoal filters are very suitable for capturing odors and gases in the air, chemical vapors, and other VOCs.
Activated carbon or charcoal has a negative charge and therefore attracts pollutants.
Secondly, carbon and charcoal are porous first. It is then processed to create cracks in the material. These pores and crevices trap tiny molecules, including gases and chemical vapors, and VOC molecules.
4. Ultraviolet germicidal lamp
Ultraviolet rays (UV-C) in the C spectrum and other uses are widely used to kill bacteria.
The HEPA filter can capture viruses, bacteria, molds, and other fungi. Over time, these organic pollutants can grow and/or make your HEPA filter smell bad.
Ultraviolet rays kill organic matter, so it will not grow or start to pollute the True HEPA filter.
First of all, this is the role of the ion generator. It emits negatively charged ions, also called anions, which bind to pollutant particles in the air. The compounds produced are larger and therefore more likely to get trapped in the HEPA filter. Some newly formed particles fall to the floor and can be vacuumed. Because they are charged, some stick to walls and furniture, which keeps them out of the air.
The danger is that ozone is known to stimulate cells beside the respiratory tract, and prolonged exposure to large amounts of ozone can cause serious damage. Most ionizers that produce ozone do not release severe ozone levels. However, if you have difficulty breathing, such as asthma, COPD, or lung disease, then a small amount of ozone can be dangerous.
If you suffer from lung disease, please choose a non-ozone air purifier or turn off the ionizer filter. Because most of the air purifiers with ionizer filters have a switch function that can turn off the ionizer filter.
Little knowledge of air purifier terminology
When we choose the most suitable air purifier for ourselves, the following little knowledge of terminology may help you:
- Pre-filter: A basic function of an air purifier that uses a HEPA-style filter. The pre-filter can trap a lot of dust and pet dander to help extend the life of the main filter. Most pre-filters are washable and reusable and have a long service life.
- True HEPA filter: A true HEPA filter-this is the highest standard air filter for obtaining the best air purifier. In order to carry this label, the filter must meet the strict regulations set by the US Department of Energy (DOE) and capture at least 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. After 6 months to 1 year, a new True HEPA filter needs to be replaced.
- BioGS HEPA filter: It is an advanced version of the True HEPA filter, used to reduce the accumulation of particles on the filter. If it is well maintained, it can generally be used for 1 to 3 years.
- Activated carbon filter: This filter can absorb odor particles and gas. This is why it can remove odors from smoke, pets, cooking, chemicals, etc.
- Ion filter (or ionizer): This filter emits negative ions to charge small particles (such as dust, pollen, and bacteria) and collect them on the plate.
- Ozone: Ozone is a recognized high-efficiency air bactericide with strong oxidizing ability. It can disintegrate bacteria from the inside, or directly interact with bacteria and viruses to achieve the purpose of killing bacteria and viruses. But ozone can also cause harm to the human body and the environment, so unless the ozone concentration can be monitored at any time, it is not recommended to use it indoors.
- Photocatalyst: Photocatalyst, also called photocatalyst, is a general term for semiconductor materials with photocatalytic function represented by nanometer titanium dioxide. A representative photocatalyst material is titanium dioxide, which can produce strong oxidizing substances (such as hydroxyl radicals, oxygen, etc.) under light irradiation, and can be used to decompose organic compounds, some inorganic compounds, bacteria, and viruses.
- UV-C Light (UVC ultraviolet light): One of the ultraviolet rays, it can eliminate bacteria and viruses, and the UV-C light (C-type ultraviolet light) is harmless to the human body.
FAQ about The Best Air Purifier in The United States in 2021
Why should we use an air purifier?
When we live indoors, indoor air quality plays a very important role in our health. Air purifiers can help us reduce harm to a large extent and play a very important role in our health.
So how can a good purifier help us? For example:
It can reduce pollution in natural air:
There may be some harmful substances in the air, such as heavy metals or microorganisms. Air purifiers can effectively help us filter out these harmful substances in the air.
It can reduce pollen pollution:
Some pollens are toxic, such as: tobacco, foxglove, dog pepper, trumpet creeper, tripterygium, veratrum, mutton, guttate pollen, and so on. Bauhinia pollen can cause cough and asthma. Some pollen can cause allergic symptoms in people: sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, stuffy nose. Air purifiers can effectively help us reduce the harm of pollen to us.
It can reduce dust mite pollution:
Dust mites are also harmful to human health. They can cause allergies, asthma, and so on. A good indoor purifier can effectively help us remove dust mites in the air. Another point we need to pay attention to is: keep indoor clothes dry and hygienic, ventilate the room frequently, wash bed sheets frequently, and wash bed sheets with hot water above 55 degrees. Can kill mites very effectively. In summer, when the sun is full, you can take pillows, sheets, bedding, and other bedding outside to fully expose them to the sun, which can effectively kill the mites.
It can reduce second-hand smoke pollution in the air:
If someone in the house smokes, second-hand smoke is harmful to other members, especially the children.
Therefore, putting a good air purifier at home can effectively protect our health. A good air purifier can reduce the damage of air pollutants such as dust, toxins, pollen, dust mites, and second-hand smoke to our bodies.
What are the common methods for air purifiers to filter air?
1. Use filters and fans to filter:
The air filtration method is a commonly used method for air purifiers. The two main components that use this method are the filter screen and the fan. The filter is the key part of the air purifier to determine the purification effect. The most popular filter currently is the HEPA filter, which is short for High-Efficiency Particulate Air (High-Efficiency Particulate Air). This technology has actually been applied a long time ago. Through this technology, it can filter out bacteria, viruses, VOC, and relatively large particles. But it should be noted that with the accumulation of time, the contaminated substances on the filter will accumulate more and more, so it is necessary to replace the filter regularly to ensure its best effect.
2. Use activated carbon to filter:
Activated carbon is a common material for air purifiers. The main purpose of using it is to use activated carbon with a large number of tiny pores to absorb many suspended particles in the air. The filter diameter of activated carbon is about 0.3-50 microns, and it can also Daughter-in-law has poisonous gas.
3. Use negative ions to purify:
Negative ions can absorb suspended particles with positive ions, then neutralize them to be uncharged and then fall down, allowing the air to be purified. Its main purpose is to reduce the concentration of suspended particles in the air, but it cannot kill bacteria and viruses. This method is usually used together with other methods to achieve the best effect of purifying the air.
4. Use ozone to disinfect:
It can effectively kill bacteria, microorganisms, mycin, etc. But too much ozone concentration can cause harm to the human body. So try not to use this feature.
5. Use ultraviolet technology to purify the air:
The use of ultraviolet light to purify the air is also a commonly used technology in air purifiers, which can remove bacteria, viruses, and harmful microorganisms in the air.
What issues should be paid attention to when buying an air purifier?
1. Check its CARD (Clean Air Delivery Rate) Rating:
CARD refers to the ratio of clean air output by air purifiers tested by the American Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) in accordance with strict testing standards. Generally, the higher the CARD value, the better, but in some cases, some purification Although the CARD value is high, it consumes a lot of power.
2. Check its price:
Pick the best air purifier in the price range you can accept.
3. Look at its noise level:
Choose one with relatively low noise, and it is recommended to choose an air purifier with noise between 30-40 decibels.
4. See how big its coverage area is:
It depends on where you want to put the purifier and how big the room is. Then check the coverage of the purifier and choose the most suitable one.
5. Choose a purifier with HEPA filter function:
Be sure to choose a purifier with a HEPA filter.
6. Check its portability:
If you want to move its position frequently, you have to consider whether it can be moved easily, see its weight and whether there are small wheels that can easily move it to different places.
7. Look at its additional features:
Nowadays air purifiers are getting smarter and smarter, to see if it can support the automatic detection of air quality to adjust the power level to save energy, whether there is a mobile phone network remote control function, whether there is automatic cleaning, filter replacement prompt function, automatically turned on, Automatic sleep, custom time mode and more.
8. Look at its filter replacement cost:
If you want the air purifier to run efficiently all the time, you must replace its filter regularly. Under normal circumstances, if it is an activated carbon filter, it needs to be replaced every three months, and if it is a HEPA filter, it needs to be replaced every six months. So also check the price of its filter, replacing the filter is not a small expense.
9. Look at the type of air outlet, there are generally two types:
one is a unidirectional air inlet and outlet, and the other is a circular air inlet and outlet. If the room is relatively large, you can choose a circular air inlet and outlet, if the room is relatively small, you can choose a purifier with a one-way air inlet and outlet.
10. See if it has a certification mark.
Common certification marks include California Air Resources Board (ARB) certification, American Household Electrical Appliances Association (AHAM) certification, and Energy Star certification.
11. See if it has other additional functions.
Some air purifiers can automatically detect the air quality to start the automatic cleaning function. It also has additional functions such as timing, sleep mode, filter replacement reminder, and so on.
How to maintain the air purifier?
Air purifiers need regular maintenance in order to improve their work efficiency, so how to maintain the air purifier? The following points can help you:
1. Regularly check and replace the filter: Air purifiers generally have several layers of filters. The first layer is a pre-filter. This layer is usually the dirtiest layer. It needs to be cleaned once a month. You can use a vacuum cleaner. Or use a rag to clean up. If the instructions say that it can be washed with water, then you can wash it with clean water, dry it, and reinstall it for use.
2. Check the surface color of the HEPA filter. If the color is particularly dark and tends to be black, it means that it needs to be replaced, usually every 6 months.
3. The activated carbon filter can be taken out regularly and exposed to the sun, so as to extend its service life.
4. There is a fan inside the purifier to use a long-bristled brush to sweep away the dust on it.
5. Look at the cleaning steps on the manual, and you can clean up according to the instructions on the manual.
6. If you are not going to use the air purifier, clean it up, store it in the box, and place it in a relatively ventilated and dry place to prevent it from getting damp.