Well, we guess the reason you are here is to find the best air purifier for allergies and asthma of 2021. You (or your family) may have severe allergies or asthma, right?
If someone in the house suffers from allergies or asthma, it is best to put an air purifier for allergy and asthma friendly in the house. This is helpful for breathing and the health of the family.
We compare the performance, power, design, and various aspects of each air purifier device to select the best air purifier for allergy and asthma in the United States, UK, Australia, and Canada in 2021 and recommend it for your reference:
How to purify the air in your home?
Air pollution does not only come from smoke emissions from cars and factories. If there are people with allergies or asthma in the home, dust mites, mold spores, pollen, and pet dander in the indoor air are also sources of pollution, which will all become triggers.
The use of high-efficiency air purifiers (HEPA) can absorb these pollutants and relieve allergic symptoms.
1. The working principle of the air purifier
A High-efficiency air purifier is referred to as HEPA. HEPA is a mechanical air purifier. The working principle is to make air pass through the fine mesh of the filter to absorb harmful particles in the air (such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and smoke, etc.).
2. the choice and use of air purifiers
Most air purifiers use HEPA filters, which are a small portable design for air filtration in a single room.
Before considering the purchase of HEPA, you should first understand its ability to filter air and make sure that the filter you purchase is sufficient for the required room.
Frequent living rooms (such as bedrooms) are most suitable for using air purifiers. You can buy HEPA in most home improvement stores, as well as online shopping.
Some vacuum cleaners also have HEPA, which can absorb a lot of dust.
Compared with ordinary vacuum cleaners, vacuum cleaners equipped with HEPA can reduce dust and tiny dust mites in the air. Some patients say that after using this vacuum cleaner, allergic symptoms have been relieved.
3. The use of HEPA filter
The use of HEPA filters at home can absorb most of the suspended particulates in the air and prevent the aggravation of allergies.
But removing suspended particles in the air does not mean removing all particles in the room. There are many dust particles on carpets, bedding, curtains, tabletops, and countertops.
Therefore, keeping these areas clean and hygienic is also very important. If possible, it is also important to stay away from allergens and irritants as much as possible. For example, not smoking at home is the most effective way to keep family members away from the irritation of smoke.
In addition to air purifiers, you can also:
- Often use a vacuum cleaner to clean the room.
- Replace the carpet with wood, tile, or vinyl flooring.
- If you are allergic to pet dander, don't let pets enter the house, or at least make sure they don't enter the bedroom.
- Change the bedding frequently and wash the sheets with hot water.
- Replace fabric curtains or curtains with roller blinds.
- Mattresses and pillows are covered with plastic covers.
- Use high-efficiency stove filters.
Here, Recommended air purifiers for people with allergies and asthma in the United States, UK, Australia, and Canada.
When buying the best air purifier for allergies and asthma in 2021, pay attention to whether it has the following points:
- Must be equipped with True HEPA filters to remove even the smallest bacteria, viruses, and other pollutant particles; and activated carbon filters to help eliminate smoke and odors.
- Ionizer filters should not be included to prevent asthma attacks. If you choose an ionizer filter, choose an air purifier that has an option to turn it off.
- The noise must be at a low level, or no sound at all, so as not to trigger sound-related asthma.
- The fan power of the air purifier, because the higher the fan power, the faster the cleaning speed of the air purifier. You can quickly check the fan power through the ACH and CADR ratings.
An air purifier is a machine that can effectively purify the pollutants in the air and bring people fresh air. Buying a quality air purifier produced by a quality brand to put it at home is a good choice to improve the quality of life. A good air purifier is like a forest, inhaling harmful air, breathing healthy breath, helping us to blow away the haze, regain healthy breathing, and breathe freely.
After testing more than 300 types of air purifiers, we determined this list to ensure that this list is the most suitable purchase guide for air purifiers for allergy and asthma in 2021. We spent several hours reducing the ranking of competitors to the top 10. The performance, power, function, design, and most importantly value for money of each air purifier device.
We have reviewed some of these brands of air purifiers. In addition, we guarantee:
- We will provide honest reviews (both pros and cons), so anyone is guaranteed to have the wisest choice.
- We will not exaggerate a product in order to let you click on a link and buy it blindly.
- An air purifier is suitable for everyone. Believe this, we will provide you with the best air purifiers from low range to high range. To find out the exact price of your air purifier, be sure to click the View Price button.
Here is a list of the top 10 best air purifiers for allergies and asthma in 2021
1. Rabbit Air MinusA2
In 2021, for people with allergies and asthma, there are many related air purifiers on the market, but Rabbit Air MinusA2 is undoubtedly the most powerful air purifier, both in terms of performance and quality. It is undoubtedly the top product.
The most comprehensive air purifier Rabbit Air MinusA2 ==》Buy from Amazon
In order to improve the effect and performance of air purification, this Rabbit Air MinusA2 uses a unique 6-stage air filtration system to ensure the best protection against allergies and asthma.
- Pre-filter and medium-sized filter - Doubling the pre-filter means doubling the effect on allergens. These two-layer filters ensure the capture of medium and large particles such as dust mites, pet hair, large pollen, pet dander, mold, and dust particles.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA filter - This is a true HEPA filter that can capture 99.97% of all allergens, bacteria, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungus particles with a particle size as low as 0.3 microns. Rabbit Air has improved the air filter process, thus extending the optimal filtration efficiency and filter life of the HEPA filter.
- Customized filters - double protection to meet various specific needs (such as bacterial defense, pet allergies, deodorants, or toxin absorbents). You can also customize the MinusA2 air purifier to meet your personal needs.
- Activated carbon filter - eliminates household and cooking odors, tobacco smoke, exhaust gas, and VOC.
- Ionizer - Rabbit Air MinusA2 still has ionizer technology, which captures even the smallest pollutant particles into other filters. Can be turned on/off.
When you are looking to buy an air purifier to solve health problems (allergies and asthma), it is best to check the performance of the air filter and how many levels of filtration system there are. Generally, the more filters, the more stages there are to remove allergens from the air. Air purifiers usually have a 3-stage or 4-stage air purification system, while the Rabbit Air MinusA2 has a 6-stage filtration system with 5 mechanical filter layers.
In addition to the regular pre-filter, Rabbit Air MinusA2 also installs an additional medium filter (this is a HEPA filter) to eliminate as many air pollutants as possible. Even though these impurities can pass through the double pre-filter, they cannot escape the high-quality True HEPA filter of Rabbit Air MinusA2. It can capture 0.3-micron particles with a high efficiency of 99.97%, which is the best. Thanks to the necessary support of its dual pre-filters, it can last longer than ordinary True HEPA filters, which can be used for 12 to 18 months.
The activated carbon filter of Rabbit Air MinusA2 is made of high-grade granular activated carbon, which is better than the most typical thin layer of activated carbon. It can effectively reduce the smell of chemicals, smoke, and common household cooking. If you have a severe allergic reaction to pets, cigarettes, and cigars, you should choose a custom filter for " pet allergy" or " odor remover" so that it can support the carbon filter of Rabbit Air MinusA2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 can double-filter all types of chemicals, smoke, peculiar smells, and smells to ensure that your allergies and asthma symptoms are eliminated.
Another unique selling point of this Rabbit Air MinusA2 is its ultra-quiet operation. The air purifier is powered by an advanced fan, and its noise level is even lower than whispers. In actual use, you will not notice any sound at all.
The Smart Sensor in Rabbit Air MinusA2 performs well and can accurately detect changes in indoor air quality, thereby automatically adjusting the fan speed. With this function, you can just turn on the Rabbit Air MinusA2 and ignore it, because this air purifier will do everything for you. Its Wi-Fi smart application is also very practical and very convenient to use.
It should be noted that it also has a shortcoming. Its CADR level is as low as 200 dust/193 smoke/208 pollen (cfm), which means that Rabbit Air MinusA2 may take more time to completely clean the air in the room. Especially for a room of about 800sq ft, this air purifier can only exchange air once in 30 minutes, so you need to wait at least an hour for thorough air purification.
But overall, Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the best-performing air purifier on the market so far, and you won't regret buying it.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this Rabbit Air MinusA2 :
- Top-notch performance
- The advanced air filtration process
- Smart functions such as smart sensors and Wi-Fi connection functions
- very silent
- 5-year warranty
- CADR value is low
【 Click to view Rabbit Air MinusA2】
2. LEVOIT CORE300 under $100
In the price range below $100, this LEVOIT CORE300 is the champion in dealing with allergies and asthma, and it is also a highly customizable air purifier.
The best-performing air purifier LEVOIT CORE300 ==》Buy from Amazon
Levoit Core 300 is Levoit's latest compact air purifier. It is one of the most popular air purifier brands in the entire North American market. Levoit Core 300 has become a very popular and best-selling air purifier in North America with its beautiful modern dress and excellent air filtration technology (price is less than 100 US dollars). And it is a brand new all-in-one air filter to help you avoid allergies and asthma.
It has the following three-layer filtration system:
- Pre-filter - This nylon pre-filter can capture large particles such as dust, lint, fibers, hair, and pet fur. You need to vacuum clean the filter regularly because it is only effective for a short period of time.
- True HEPA filter - Levoit Core 300 uses a True HEPA filter to reduce 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, and bacteria particles as small as 0.3 microns. Can be customized:
- Pet allergies - for people who are extremely allergic to pets
- Toxin absorber - used in areas with high levels of smoke, VOC, or chemicals.
- Molds and bacteria - used in humid environments.
- Activated carbon filter - This activated carbon filter can deal with the smoke and odor in the kitchen, pets, and even outdoors.
Although this air filter does not operate as a high-end air purifier, it is still a certified True HEPA filter. And this air purifier is considered the best because of its quiet operation and higher fan speed. The device can usually operate at a high CADR rating of 135cfm, which is more powerful than any other air purifier that costs less than $100. It can be said that this is the most suitable air purifier for allergies and asthma that can be purchased for under $100.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this Levoit Core 300 :
- Excellent performance level
- The powerful air filtration process
- The most affordable price
- Quiet operation
- Only two years warranty
【 Click to view LEVOIT CORE300】
3. Germ Guardian AC4300WPT
This Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier air purifier is not only attractively priced, but it also provides an additional UV-C filter that has been rigorously tested and certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
A widely acclaimed air purifier Germ Guardian AC4300WPT ==》Amazon purchase link
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is the latest model of tower air purifier from the famous Guardian Technologies company. The design is better and easier to install and remove the air filter.
It has a three-stage filtration system:
- Pre-filter - Used in combination with an activated carbon filter to remove large-particle contaminants and reduce smoke, cooking, and pet odors.
- True HEPA filter - GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA also uses True HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of allergens, including pet dander, dust mites, and pollen as small as 0.3 microns.
- UV-C lamp - This air purifier also uses ultraviolet light bulbs to kill bacteria, viruses, and mold spores in the air.
It is a certified True HEPA filter manufactured by one of the leading air purifiers in the North American market. The price is obviously higher, but the new air filter can remove even the smallest pollutants in the air. GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA also introduces the iconic UV-C filter to kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staphylococcus, rhinovirus, and together with titanium dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOC).
This air purifier has a good fan performance of 107 dust/99 smoke/116 pollen (cfm). It is recommended to be used in small and medium-sized rooms because it uses a portable tower design, so GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA will not take up too much space in your room.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA :
- Value for money
- Modern design
- Three-stage filtration
- 3-year warranty
- Very noisy when running at the highest power
- Insufficient intelligence
【 Click to view Germ Guardian AC4300WPT 】
4. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
As the best budget device of the No. 1 brand of air purifiers in Korea, Coway AP-1512HH performed very well. It became one of the best air purifiers for preventing allergies and asthma in 2020. And it has won praise from many users.
A compact air purifier Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier ==》Amazon purchase link
With the 4-level air purification system, Kewei AP-1512HH won the "Best Air Purifier" praise last year. The performance level of this air purifier is the same as that of the powerful Honeywell HPA300, so it is very effective in cleaning up allergens and asthma triggers.
- Pre-filter - The washable pre-filter will help you capture pet hair, dander and mold, and other large-particle contaminants.
- Activated carbon filter - this filter plays the best role, can deodorize and trap harmful gases to keep the room fresh and tasteless.
- True HEPA filter - high-performance composite True HEPA filter, can capture 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungus particles as low as 0.3 microns.
- Ion technology - important ionization technology can capture the smallest airborne particles. Can be turned on/off.
At the core, the quality of its True HEPA filter is exactly the same as the powerful Honeywell HPA300, which can capture 99.97% of allergens, virus particles, pollen, mold, and fungus particles as small as 0.3 microns.
In addition, the ionizer is essential to improve the efficiency of Coway AP-1512HH. It charges the ions to attract any contaminants, making them trapped in the True HEPA filter. This combination is widely used in high-end equipment, such as Rabbit Air MinusA2.
With such powerful features, Coway AP-1512HH has won many certificates and awards, including the approval stamp of the British Allergy Foundation. Moreover, its voice sounds very quiet. And you can also choose to use Eco mode (Coway's smart sensor), in Eco mode, Coway AP-1512HH will always run at a low setting, with almost no sound. You can turn on the air purifier all night to help you avoid allergies and asthma.
It has a great CADR rating: 246 dust/233 smoke/240 pollen and its air filter covers an area of approximately 360sq ft, which is very suitable for use in small rooms.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this Coway AP-1512HH :
- Outstanding performance
- The advanced air filtration process
- Smart functions (such as smart sensors and environmentally friendly energy-saving modes)
- Good ACH and CADR values
- 3-year warranty
- Dome light cannot be turned off
【 Click to view Coway AP-1512HH 】
5. Honeywell HPA300
Honeywell HPA300 an air purifier with a long history of the brand ==》Amazon purchase link
In the list of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma, Honeywell HPA300 also performs very well. Although its appearance is not flashy, its performance is commendable.
It has a 2-stage filtration system:
- Pre-filter - There is an activated carbon filter in the pre-filter, so that all allergies and smoking, and asthma problems will no longer exist. However, you need to replace this pre-filter every 3 months to achieve the best air purification effect.
- True HEPA filter - The powerful True HEPA filter can capture up to 99.97% of pollutant particles as small as 0.3 microns, such as pet dander, mold, bacteria, and pollen. It can even catch 0.005-micron viruses.
The CADR rating of this air purifier is astonishing: 320 dust/300 smoke/300 pollen (cfm) and 5 times ACH, which means it can clean the air in your room within minutes. The power of this fan is even the same as that of mid-range air purifiers such as Blueair Classic 480 or Alen BreatheSmart T500. Its air purification coverage area is 465sq ft.
Its disadvantage is that it is very noisy. At the same price, LEVOIT Air Purifier PUR131 is much quieter than Honeywell HPA300.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this Honeywell HPA300 :
- High-performance True True HEPA filter
- High fan power
- High CADR and ACH values
- 5-year warranty
- Lack of smart functions, very noisy
【 Click to view Honeywell HPA300】
6. Levoit LV-H134
Ideal for allergies and pet owners Levoit LV-H134==》Amazon purchase link
Since the release of LV-H133, Levoit has improved the air filter. This Levoit LV-H134 will continue to use the all-in-one air filter.
It has three filtration systems:
- Pre-filter – This nylon pre-filter can capture large objects in the air, such as dust, pet dander, pet hair, lint, and fiber.
- True HEPA filter - H13 level True HEPA filter can trap 99.97% of airborne particles (as small as 0.3 microns), such as pet dander, pollen, mold spores, dust, and bacteria.
- Activated carbon filter - This activated carbon filter can effectively absorb smoke, odor, formaldehyde, VOC, and benzene.
The Levoit LV-H132, which was previously sold on Amazon, made us impressed by the high quality of Levoit's True HEPA filter. In the past two years, the company's Levoit LV-H134's new True HEPA filter has reached a whole new level. It is larger than the previous product, has better performance, and has an even longer service life.
In addition, the new filter media can store more activated carbon to enhance its performance in filtering and purifying smoke, odors, and even formaldehyde or volatile organic compounds (VOC).
Now, smart sensors have become a common function of Levoit LV-H134. Thanks to its very precise sensors, you can get real-time feedback on indoor air quality almost immediately.
But what impressed us most is its brand new fan power: the 2020 flagship Levoit LV-H134 solves all the problems of weak Levoit fan power with a high CADR rating of 312 cfm. So you will see that this air purifier can even cover a 710sq ft room.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this Levoit LV-H134 :
- Stable performance
- Excellent smart functions
- Powerful and elegant design, with enough mobility
- Very high CADR rating
- 2-year warranty
- A bit noisy
【 Click to view Levoit LV-H134】
7. Coway Airmega 400
An air purifier suitable for large rooms with high-end performance
Coway Airmega 400 has improved the True HEPA filter and activated carbon filter, making it the flagship product of the Coway manufacturer, and it is designed for people with allergies or asthma.
Coway Airmega 400 with 1,560 sq. ft. Coverage ==》Amazon purchase link
AIRMEGA 400 maintains the high quality of the previous Coway model and combines all the air filters into a new Max2 filter for better performance.
- Pre-filter – The powerful washable pre-filter can help you capture large pollutants in the air, and it is easy to clean with the filter. It should be noted that when you reinstall the pre-filter, you must Make sure it is dried in the sun before reinstalling it.
- Max2 filter - a combination of the activated carbon filter and True HEPA filter, this filter can capture up to 99.97% of 0.3-micron air particles. It also reduces more than 99% of volatile organic compounds and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO.
Overall, AIRMEGA 400 can remove 99.97% of pollutant particles as small as 0.3 microns in the air, and can even eliminate the strong odor that may cause asthma.
There is no denying that AIRMEGA 400 can run very quietly because its noise level is only 22 DB, even better than Rabbit Air MinusA2. It is quieter than whispering noise, and you can hardly hear the sound of this device.
The air purifier can cover a room of 1560sq ft, and the CADR level is 340 dust/350 smoke/400 pollen (cfm). With its fan power, AIRMEGA 400 can clean the air in the room faster than today's champion product Rabbit Air MinusA2.
The smart sensor of AIRMEGA 400 is also very good. After many tests, it can be said with certainty that its sensor is the most accurate and fastest sensor on the market. It will always let you know the status of the surrounding air quality, and automatically change the fan speed to keep the air fresh. Coway Airmega 400 has passed Energy Star certification and consumes 64 watts, which is very power efficient.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this AIRMEGA 400 :
- The excellent air filtration process
- Crafted with the highest quality materials
- The area coverage of purified air is large: it can cover 1560 sq ft.
- 3-year warranty
- The cost of replacing the filter is high
- No smart application function
【 Click to view Coway Airmega 400】
8. Blueair Classic 680i Air Purifier
A high-end air purifier that can be controlled with Alexa voice
Blueair Classic 680i is a very well-known air purifier. The Swedish Association of Asthma and Allergy (part of the European Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) recommends it as the best air purifier for allergy and asthma symptoms.
Blueair Classic 680i Air Purifier==》Amazon purchase link
Blueair is a symbol of the air purifier industry because their air purifiers are available in no less than 50 countries/regions. They are known for making only a powerful air filter. In this Blueair Classic 680i, you can choose between the following two air filters.
Particle Filter/Double Protection Filter – You can choose a particle filter with powerful functions to capture 99.97% of pollutants, such as pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, viruses, and bacteria (as low as 0.1 microns).
Another option is the DualProtection filter, which needs to pay more. The filter is a combination of a True HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter.
The particle filter of the Blueair Classic 680i has the same performance as any other True HEPA filter on the market. It combines mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration to ensure that even 0.1-micron allergens will not escape the filter.
In addition, the gradient structure of the Blueair Classic 680i filter can trap particles of various sizes while maintaining maximum airflow. Even if the filter is heavy, it prevents clogging and does not release particles into the air again.
You have the option to buy the version with the DualProtection filter. This is a particle version with an additional layer of activated carbon filter. Activated carbon consists of magnesium dioxide and copper oxide impregnation. In short, the DualProtection filter of Blueair Classic 680i is one of the highest quality air filters on the market and can be 100% recycled.
The Blueair Classic 680i air filter has two options. A more affordable option is the typical Blueair particulate filter, which contains thermally bonded fibers of polypropylene and polyethylene. The air filter contains no chemicals and is naturally antibacterial.
Thanks to the unique HEPASilent technology (advanced combination of mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration), Blueair Classic 680i can even capture tiny air pollutants as small as 0.1 microns. But its disadvantage is that the price is too high, the air filter can only be used for 6 months, so the cost of maintaining this powerful machine will still bring you a lot of trouble.
The CADR rating of Blueair Classic 680i is 500 dust/500 smoke/640 pollen (cfm). With this power, this air purifier can easily clean an area of 775sq ft.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this Blueair Classic 680i :
- Outstanding performance
- Quality materials
- Smart function: can be controlled by Alexa voice
- 5-year warranty
- The machine is big and heavy
- No integrated smart sensor
【 Click to view Blueair Classic 680i 】
9. Austin Air HealthMate Plus Air Purifier (HM450)
If you suffer from severe allergies and asthma, and you only need a medical-grade air purifier, then you cannot miss the Austin Air brand. Since 1990, this brand has become a leader in the air purifier industry.
In the United States, they maintain the world's largest air purifier manufacturing facility, and all of its air purifiers are built in it. Its air cleaning effect is very powerful, and it can create an environment similar to a "hospital clean room".
Austin Air HealthMate Plus Air Purifier (HM450)==》Amazon purchase link
This Austin Air HealthMate Plus is designed to effectively remove all types of allergens and asthma triggers in the air through a powerful 4-level air purification system:
- Pre-filter - remove any large pollutant particles, such as pet hair, human hair, or large dust. The pre-filter is washable and reusable.
- Medium particle pre-filter – Austin Air HealthMate Plus can use this pre-filter to remove mold, spores, and pollen.
- Activated carbon filter - 15 pounds of activated carbon, potassium iodide impregnated carbon, and zeolite help remove VOC, formaldehyde, benzene, chemicals, gases, and odors.
- True HEPA filter - Using twice as much pre-filter, True HEPA filter only needs to capture the smallest particles. Austin Air Healthmate Plus uses True HEPA filters that are several times more medical, which can really solve any contaminants in large rooms.
Just like Rabbit Air MinusA2, Austin Air HealthMate Plus also uses a dual pre-filtration system. The medium filter itself is a HEPA filter, which can filter small to medium-sized particles (such as spores or plant pollen). Thanks to its dual pre-filter, the True HEPA filter has a longer service life, up to 5 years. And this company provides a 5-year warranty, which is by far the longest warranty period in the air purifier industry.
With its True HEPA filter media, Austin Air HealthMate Plus can easily remove 99.97% of the particles larger than 0.3 microns in the air and 95% of the particles larger than 0.1 microns in the air. Its performance is the true function of the medical-grade True HEPA filter.
In addition, Austin Air HealthMate Plus also has an activated carbon filter filled with potassium iodide impregnated carbon and zeolite to remove volatile organic compounds (VOC), formaldehyde, benzene, chemicals, gases, and odors.
This unparalleled performance is why the US government chose this Austin Air HealthMate Plus to help protect the residents of Anniston, Alabama during the process of eliminating chemical weapons. In 2016, it was also widely used to save thousands of residents of Porter Ranch, California, to withstand the impact of natural gas leaks in Southern California.
This air purifier has excellent fan power and can even be used in large rooms. With a CADR rating of 400 cfm and 5X ACH, you can use this Austin Air HealthMate Plus in a 1500sqft room, so it is an air purifier with good performance and a large coverage area.
However, one thing to note is: its noise level is very high. If you cannot tolerate the noise, you should choose another air purifier from this list.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this Austin Air HealthMate Plus :
- Impressive fan power
- First-class performance level
- High-quality True HEPA filter
- Crafted with the highest quality materials
- 5-year warranty
- Lack of smart functions
- Too noisy under the high power setting of the fan
【 Click to view Austin Air HealthMate Plus Air Purifier (HM450)】
10. IQAir Medical-Grade HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
An air purifier specially designed to solve allergies and asthma
IQAir Medical-Grade Purifier for Allergies, Pets, Asthma, Odors, Smoke, Pollen, Dust==》Amazon purchase link
IQAir has more than 50 years of experience. This air purifier plays a crucial role in preventing allergies and asthma. If someone in your family has allergies or asthma, you must take it into consideration.
It has a three-stage air filtration system:
- Pre-filter - after inhaling air through the air inlet, it initially eliminates particles such as pollen, pet dander, and mold spores.
- V5-Cell filter - Next, you will experience the powerful V5-Cell filter (only for IQAir air purifier). Through high-quality granular activated carbon adsorption and particle chemical adsorption, this filter will destroy any harmful VOC and chemical substances. Moreover, the average filter element life is about 2 years, which effectively reduces the cost of filter replacement.
- True HEPA filter - IQAir uses an unparalleled HyperHEPA filter, which can capture 99.97% of the air particles with a minimum size of 0.3 microns and even 95% of the air particles with a minimum size of 0.003 microns.
This air purifier improves the latest powerful HyperHEPA filter H13, which is better than the powerful filter H11 of IQAir GC MultiGas. It provides what most air purifier users want: perfect fresh air.
This is a very expensive air purifier, but its HyperHEPA filter is very efficient. The filter is a non-woven glass microfiber. Most importantly, the average filtration of this True HEPA filter The life of the device is about 4 years, which is undoubtedly the best HEPA technology in the world so far.
This is why this IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier dares to claim that " it is the number one room air purifier in the prevention of allergies and asthma. " Their V5-Cell is also the best solution to deal with various chemicals, smoke, and odors.
Its disadvantage is that IQAir HealthPro Plus does not have an automatic mode setting. But other than that, we couldn't find anything bad from IQAir HealthPro Plus, it can be said that it is the ultimate solution to any allergies and asthma.
The following are the advantages/disadvantages of this IQAir HealthPro Plus :
- Perfect performance level
- Powerful filtering function: can cover the room up to 1125sq ft.
- Excellent technology and powerful fan power
- It runs very quietly with low noise
- 5-year warranty
- High price
- No smart sensor
[Click to view IQAir Medical-Grade HealthPro Plus Air Purifier ]
More Search: Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma in 2021 > Visit Amazon
What kind of people need to install air purifiers
The air purifier is an independent indoor air treatment system, which consists of an exhaust system and a filter system. It can keep indoor air fresh, and effectively purify dust and germs, which is very helpful to people's healthy life. However, a good air purifier is not cheap, and it must be cleaned and maintained regularly. Some people are more confused, do you need to buy an air purifier at home? Here are five situations where you need to buy an air purifier at home, let's take a look!
1. People who use air-conditioning and heating for a long time.
Households with air-conditioning and heating habitually used in winter often have their doors and windows closed tightly. Due to the lack of fresh air, terrible bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus and Legionella will be produced indoors, causing respiratory tract inflammation. And repeated infections, and even cause pneumonia. Inflammation of the respiratory tract is very similar to the symptoms of a cold. Most people mistake it for a cold and delay treatment.
The air purifier can renew the indoor air in real-time, filter out a large number of germs, and reduce the health hazards caused by germs to the family when using air conditioning or heating at home.
2. Families that have been renovated within five years.
Domestic decoration has just been completed. Almost all families have excessive formaldehyde. The degree of formaldehyde exceeding the standard in new houses is not appropriate, ranging from 2 to 3 times the standard, and 6 to 7 times the weight. Most owners think that it is safe to open the windows for three months for ventilation. In fact, the concentration of formaldehyde emitted during the three to five years after the decoration is completed is very high, and then decreases year by year. This situation can continue until 15 years after renovation.
3. Sensitive people with rhinitis, asthma, asthma, etc.
For people with respiratory diseases, fresh and clean air is most needed, because most of the symptoms of these diseases are caused by allergens and toxins in the air, air purifiers can be effective To improve some allergic symptoms, people spend about 12 to 14 hours at home on average a day. Maintaining a clean indoor air environment helps sensitive people stay away from allergens in the air.
4. A full-time wife
If all family members are office workers, it would be a waste to buy an air purifier. However, if there is a full-time wife at home, she spends most of her time at home. Outdoor haze, indoor oily smoke pollution, decoration pollution, Peculiar smells, TVOC released by furniture, etc., are all sources of indoor air pollution; coupled with the dry and dusty weather in the north, the air contains a large number of dust particles, and it takes several hours a day to wipe tables, chairs, furniture, and TVs. , Refrigerators, cabinets... etc., the newly cleaned room quickly turned dust again.
5. Elderly or children
In the haze weather, the elderly with asthma and cardiovascular disease are prone to relapse of the disease and severely can cause myocardial infarction and cerebral infarction. Children with immature alveolar development and development before the age of 8 are prone to respiratory tract infections. Children have narrow respiratory airways, few alveoli, and nasal sinus mucociliary function. Germs and bacteria are easy to get in and cause respiratory tract infections. A newborn baby has only 25 million alveoli in one lung, and 80 PM2.5 blocks one alveolar. Therefore, before the child is 8 years old, healthy breathing is more important than anything else.
As for who needs more air purifiers, the editor introduces you here already. I hope it will be helpful to you? Is your home among the above five situations? In fact, whether to buy an air purifier or not depends on the local air environment and family conditions to decide!
Can air purifiers prevent allergies?
The first line of defense against allergies is not an air filter.
Do you have a runny nose, sneezing, and coughing all year round? If you are suffering from allergies or asthma, you may be considering buying a home air filtration system. But does it really help relieve symptoms? Medical experts say that if the surrounding environment is not changed at the same time, it will not help.
"Buying an air purifier is not my first choice," said Nathan Rabinovitch, assistant professor of pediatrics at the National Jewish Medical Research Center in Denver, USA. "This is more like an alternative recommendation."
First, allergy sufferers need to minimize exposure as much as possible. Nathan said that minimizing exposure to other allergens at home is the first line of defense to reduce allergies and asthma.
He made the following suggestions:
- Don’t lay carpets, use smooth floors instead
- If you have pets, consider finding a new home for them. If this is not possible, keep pets outdoors. If this doesn’t work either, then at least don’t let them enter the bedroom, of course, stay away from the bed and try to stay away from other furniture
- Use air-conditioning to remove pollen or allergens brought in from outside in the hot months
- Every time the season changes, clean all air filters, air conditioner filters and duct filters.
- When allergies occur, close the windows (whether at home or in the car) and avoid staying outdoors
- No smoking indoors
- Use as hot water as possible to remove dust mites from clothing
- Avoid furniture that can accumulate dust
Ventilation is more important
If you have tried the above strategies, but the symptoms are not alleviated, then you need to consider buying an air filter. Both the US Environmental Protection Agency and the American Lung Association recommend the use of air filters for allergy and asthma patients, but they are not a treatment option. It is more important to control pollution and ventilation that can cause allergies. In a clean and well-ventilated home, opinions are divided on whether the filter can bring more relief to asthma.
This view has been endorsed by the Institute of Medicine, which states that "air purifiers can help alleviate symptoms of allergies or asthma in some cases." However, air purifiers are not always effective in reducing symptoms. "
FAQ about best air purifiers for allergies and asthma
What are allergies and asthma?
An allergy refers to the sensitivity of the human immune system and is very common.
The most common allergies are hay fever, allergic asthma, food allergies, and allergies caused by airborne allergens. Symptoms of an air allergy reaction may include: sneezing, coughing, any sinus condition, tiredness, dizziness, fever, moist eyes, and indigestion.
The allergens in the air may be dust, dust mites, pollen, mold, fungal spores, pet dander, pet hair, tobacco smoke, and many other pollutants. The typical size range of these airborne particles is 0.3 microns or larger.
Wheezing, shortness of breath, dizziness, with or without chest tightness, or coughing some symptoms of asthma attacks that can be very dangerous for those with asthma.
Any age can develop asthma, but there are more children than adults. Adult asthma is difficult to cure, but as long as standardized treatment and management can be completely controlled; asthma onset within 14 years of age, as long as early intervention and treatment, the cure rate can reach 95%.
The main causes of asthma attacks include pollutant particles such as pollen and dust, as well as chemicals such as paint smoke and tobacco smoke.
How to choose an air purifier?
Before buying an air purifier, the American Allergy and Asthma Foundation recommends asking these questions:
- What substances can this purifier remove from the air at home? What substances cannot be removed?
- Compared with the real HEPA standard, what is the efficiency level of this purifier?
- Will the device purify the air in a bedroom-sized room every 4-6 minutes?
- What is the clean air output rate (CADR) of the equipment? The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers grades air purifiers based on their CADR, which represents the amount of filtered air output by the purifier. There are different CADRs for cigarette smoke, pollen, and dust. The higher the number, the faster the device can filter the air
- How difficult is it to replace the filter? How often does it need to be replaced? How much does the filter cost? Is it available in stock all year round?
- How much noise does this equipment produce? Can it run quietly while sleeping?
Why is the use of air purifiers beneficial to prevent allergies and asthma from occurring?
For people with allergies and asthma, having good clean air is very important to health. It can not only prevent the occurrence of allergies and asthma but also help improve people's quality of life. Because a good air purifier can help us get rid of allergens such as dust, dust, various bacteria, microorganisms, and harmful gases.
Most allergies and asthma are caused by pollutant particles in the air, so you can reduce the occurrence of allergies and asthma by using the best air purifier that is most suitable for people with allergies and asthma.
What are the terms of the best air purifier for the prevention of allergies and asthma?
Pre-filter- A basic function of an air purifier that uses a HEPA-style filter. The pre-filter can collect a lot of dust and pet dander to help extend the life of the main filter. Most pre-filters are washable and reusable and have a long service life.
True HEPA filter- This is the highest standard air filter for the best air purifier. In order to carry this label, the filter must comply with strict regulations established by the US Department of Energy (DOE) and capture at least 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. After 6 months to 1 year, the True HEPA filter needs to be replaced.
Activated carbon (or charcoal) filter- This filter can absorb odor particles and gas. This is why it can remove odors from smoke, pets, cooking, chemicals, etc.
Ion filter (or ionizer)- This filter emits negative ions to charge up small particles such as dust, pollen, and bacteria and collect them on the plate.
UV-C lamp- Ultraviolet rays eliminate bacteria and viruses through C-type ultraviolet rays. UV-C lamp (C-type ultraviolet light) is harmless to the human body.
Advanced BioGS HEPA filter- A technology of Rabbit Air, helps to extend the life of the True True HEPA filter.
ACH- Stands for "air changes per hour" and tells you how many times the device can exchange indoor air with clean fresh air per hour.
CADR- Stands for "clean air delivery rate", which accurately describes the degree to which an air purifier can purify the air in a room of a specific size.
Are air purifiers useful for people with allergies and asthma?
According to the American Asthma and Allergy Foundation (AAFA), more than 50 million Americans experience various types of allergies each year. Seriously can cause death! Moreover, the annual cost of allergies exceeds 18 billion US dollars.
These numbers will not lie, you can continue to read allergy facts from the AAFA website.
Because you belong to the allergy and asthma group, you must study millions of ways to help you reduce or even cure allergies. Then you find that there is no cure. Only prevention. Today, one of the best recommended ways to prevent allergies and asthma is to find the most suitable air purifier for allergies.
Most of the causes of allergies and asthma are airborne pollutant particles, which can ultimately be reduced by using the best allergy and asthma air purifiers.
Remember, the more pollutant particles can be removed from the air, the better your life will be without allergies and asthma.
What are the environmental problems that have become an important cause of allergic asthma?
The causes of childhood allergic asthma are mainly related to environmental and genetic factors. According to epidemiological surveys, about 30% to 40% of asthma patients have a family history of asthma, and about 50% to 60% have a family history of allergies.
On the other hand, allergic asthma may be caused by external factors, and allergies may occur after the baby is exposed to allergens. The most common allergens are mites and dust mites.
In asthmatics, 30% to 40% of patients can detect allergens. Dust mites, cats and dogs, and other animal skin dirt, mold, pollen, milk, poultry eggs, silk, feathers, moths, cotton wool, fungi, etc. are all important allergens. Especially dust mites.
In recent years, a large number of studies have confirmed that dust mites are closely related to bronchial asthma and are an important predisposing factor for bronchial asthma. The detection rate of dust mites is higher in warm and humid northern regions because that environment is more suitable for dust. Mite growth.
What kind of air purifier is good for asthma
If your child has asthma and is allergic to dust, insects, and mites, you should buy an air purifier that can eliminate bacteria. In fact, children’s asthma is mainly caused by poor indoor air quality and poor ventilation. From the perspective of the purification principle of air purifiers, traditional air purifiers only absorb indoor inhalable particles and toxic suspended solids, but cannot reduce indoor air quality.
The concentration of carbon dioxide cannot reduce the concentration of toxic gases such as carbon monoxide. When the activated carbon adsorption reaches saturation, toxic substances will volatilize a second time, causing secondary pollution of indoor air, which is more likely to cause direct harm to the human body.
Therefore, it is recommended that you still consider buying a window ventilator. This ventilator can realize 24-hour continuous uninterrupted fresh air replacement in the room, supply the human body with fresh air, and avoid carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide poisoning incidents and hypoxia caused by the heating room.
"Experts said, "The ventilators ensure that there is no need to open windows in the room and realize the replacement of fresh air. At the same time, the high-efficiency filtration and purification efficiency can filter 99.97% of the dust, bacteria, viruses, harmful gases, odors, and other harmful media in the fresh air, real-time Maintain the numerical freshness of indoor air."
What kind of air purifier can effectively prevent allergies?
The quality of air is related to the overall living standard of a family. Especially for families with allergic patients, clean air is a vital guarantee for the quality of life. The environment we live in is a large and complicated family, and there will be unclean factors when there is clean air.
Inevitably, our small family is also full of unhealthy factors, such as dust, dust, various bacteria, microorganisms, and harmful gases (especially formaldehyde as the most harmful), and other allergens.
Now let's talk about the 5 major allergens common in the home!
No.1 - allergen-dust mites. Allergy symptoms: rhinitis and asthma. The excrement of dust mites decomposes into very fine dust, which is attached to bed sheets, pillows, carpets, or curtains. Once inhaled into the nasal cavity, it can easily cause rhinitis, and if inhaled into the lungs, it can easily cause an asthma attack.
Allergen No.2 - Pets. Allergy symptoms: cough, wheezing, rhinitis, pet hair, dander, etc. are attached to indoor objects. When you walk around, they take the opportunity to get into the throat and cause mucosal allergies. In addition, when the pet's saliva dries, the potential allergens contained in it will also be released.
No.3 - Allergens-pollen, catkins, grass seeds, etc. Allergic symptoms: paroxysmal or continuous sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, etc., and even cause chest tightness, asthma, pollen, catkins, grass seeds, etc. Allergic contact with the inner wall of the throat will stimulate the mucous membrane and cause allergies.
No.4 - allergen-formaldehyde. Allergic symptoms: itchy skin, cough, nasal congestion, dizziness, formaldehyde has disinfecting, antiseptic, and astringent effects. It is widely used in wooden furniture, floors, and detergents, and a small amount is added to textiles and clothing. But it is harmful to human health, easily causes allergies, and may even cause cancer.
Allergen No.5 - Mold. Allergy symptoms: Itchy respiratory tract, difficulty breathing, warm, humid environment (such as kitchen, bathroom, etc.) easy to breed mold. Some molds can release thousands of extremely tiny spores, causing respiratory mucosal allergies, and symptoms of respiratory tract itching or difficulty breathing. How to solve so many air quality problems? As my country’s economic development has entered a high level, living standards have been greatly improved. Compared with the past, we pay more attention to the quality of life, and the quality of home air is particularly important. How to choose an effective filter Air purifier of various allergens, but also a comfortable enjoyment for the family? According to the new national standard, a truly effective air purifier must meet four major conditions. And a good filter can effectively eliminate allergens and return you to the authentic air.
So everyone must choose carefully when choosing the best air purifier for allergies and asthma!
Paul Enright, a professor of medical research at the University of Arizona, said that patients with emphysema or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease may consider buying air filters. But if you are healthy and your living environment is relatively pollution-free, there is no need to spend this money.
Paul said, remember that the air purification system is just one of the environmental changes used to reduce symptoms. "There is no single reasonable treatment plan for allergies and asthma."
We hope this list of the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma is helpful to you. Hope your life is healthy. Thank you!