Today we talk about The 10 Best Car Air Purifiers. A private car is a very small, relatively confined space. If a person in the car is sick and continues to discharge bacteria or viruses, it is very likely to cause spread.
In fact, it is not only the pollution caused by harmful microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses, but also many other substances in the car, which can cause air pollution in the car and cause harm.
When driving, we will inevitably be affected by dust, unpleasant smells, or some smoke in or outside the car, which will make our journey very unpleasant. But the good news is that we can buy a suitable air purifier that can be placed in the car, which can help us solve the air quality problem in the car.
There are many types of car air purifiers. We have selected many types of best car air purifiers for your reference. Recommendation for the best onboard air purifier in 2021.
Recommended Best Car Air Purifiers In 2021: Product Reviews & Buying Guide
1. Airthereal ADH80 with True HEPA Air Purifier for Car, Desktop Home, and car air purifier
Main feature of Airthereal ADH80 with True HEPA Air Purifier for Car
- With three levels of air filtration system, its True HEPA 3 filter level filter will remove 0.3-micron particles to help you breathe easily
- With an air quality monitor that can automatically adjust the fan speed to save energy
- The maximum working noise in sleep mode is only 22 decibels, which is very quiet
- With a 12v DC car adapter, it is very convenient to use in the car, plug, and play
This Airthereal ADH80 air purifier is the best car air purifier. It has a HEPA three-stage filtration system that can remove particles as small as 0.3 microns. Airthereal ADH80 works with a 12-volt adapter and can be easily used in the car when you go home, you can take it to your home. It is very power-efficient, and its average power consumption is only about 20 watts. In addition to its low power consumption and powerful purification capabilities, it has a 99.3% air cleaning efficiency in a 100sq ft space.
And it will automatically measure the air quality in the car and adjust the fan speed to keep the air clean and save energy. And it runs very quietly with very little noise. Airthereal ADH80 runs at the highest speed, and its noise reaches about 42 dB, which is very small. Its sleep mode makes the maximum working noise only 22 dB, which will not affect your rest.
If you are looking for the best car air purifier without worrying about its battery or noise, and the price is cheap, then this Airthereal ADH80 is perfect for you, it can do the job excellently. Its air cleaning performance and intelligent detection sensors, as well as its low noise and energy-saving operating characteristics, make it the best car air purifier on our list.
2. Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure Compact Car Air Purifier 200 is the vehicle-mounted air purifier
Main feature of Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure Compact Car Air Purifier 200
- Automobile clean air system with healthy air indicator
- Adopting a three-stage filtration process with strong air purification ability, it can eliminate up to 99% of harmful gases, smoke, bacteria, peculiar smell, dust, pollen, pet hair, and other particles in the vehicle
- It can remove the smell of smoke in the car, and its replaceable filter has a service life of 350 hours
- A real-time air detection system can display the current air condition: excellent (blue), medium (yellow), and poor (red)
- With filter replacement indicator, 2 speeds are adjustable, easy to operate
- Easy to install, including 13ft 12V power cable and installation accessories (accessory belt, suction cup, and non-slip pad)
The Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure compact 200 car air purifier also uses a HEPA three-stage filter system, which has an additional pre-filter and HESA filter. It can help you remove air pollutants such as odor, dust, smoke, pollen allergens, etc. in the car. Its HEPA filter can trap larger particles, and its HESA filter can keep the air fresh and is particularly effective in removing harmful odors. The unique HESA technology is better than most ionizers, and its HESA technology has been certified by the German independent testing organization TUV, and its flue gas residue removal effect has been increased by three times. TUV is a German organization that specializes in providing inspection and product certification services.
It has a 13feet 12V power cord, which can be plugged into the car, and it is very energy-efficient and only consumes 3 watts. Even after you turn off the car, it can still run for an hour, and you don’t have to worry about the car’s battery, because its power consumption is extremely low. The longer cable allows you to conveniently place the device anywhere in the car.
It has three-speed settings and an automatic on/off switch, so you don’t have to remember to turn it on every time you get in the car. And don’t worry about noise, the buzzing noise it generates is negligible.
3. FRiEQ the Remove Car Air Purifier Dust, Pollen, Smoke and Odors of Bad car air purifier
Main feature of FRiEQ the Remove Car Air Purifier
- Has a strong deodorizing ability
- Can effectively remove smoke and other old odors, neutralize molds, bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants
- Compact and attractive design and blue LED lights enhance the automatic decoration effect
The price of this FRiEQ car air purifier is very cheap. If you want to choose a cheap car air filter, you can consider this one. It uses ionization technology to eliminate odor-causing particles and other pollutants and harmful microorganisms. Greatly improve the air quality in the car.
This purifier is an artifact that removes the smell of smoke in the car. It is an excellent air freshener. Ionized air also has many health benefits, such as improved lung function and lower blood pressure. After using it in the car for a few minutes, you can feel a significant change in air quality, and after using it for a whole day, it can completely eliminate all bad smells in the car. Because it uses ionization technology, it also produces a slight sound. Some people may find this sound distracting or annoying, while others say it takes a while to get used to it.
All in all, the price of FRiEQ is very affordable, and there is no additional maintenance cost, it can provide great use, is a compact and powerful car air purifier.
4. Autowit 2 Car Fresh Air Purifier Humidifier car air purifier
Main feature of Autowit 2 Car Fresh Air Purifier
- Three-stage air filtration system: HEPA folding filter and activated carbon filter, which can effectively remove PM2.5, pollen, smoke and dust, flocs, formaldehyde, unpleasant odors, etc.
- Has the function of a humidifier: and provides circulating humidification at any time. The automatic shut-off function will be activated when there is a water shortage, thus providing extra safety
- Air quality indicator: automatically detect and indicate the surrounding air quality through the different colors of the LED indicator
- Low noise, with four adjustable airflow modes
Autowit Fresh 2 comes with a separate car charger and micro USB cable, which means you can plug it into any device with a USB interface, such as a computer, a power bank, etc. Since its main use is in the car, you will use it mainly through the car charger. In addition to the charging option, there is also a cup holder that can hold the purifier, which is small and easy to install.
In addition to the car air purification function, it also has the function of an air humidifier. It uses three filters: a nano-silver filter used as a pre-filter, a good old HEPA pleated filter, and as the last one The high-quality carbon filter of the line of defense is used to purify these harmful gases. Autowit 2 also has 99% of the function of removing pollutant particles in the air, including dust, bacteria, smoke, allergens, and pet dander.
Its sleek silver design makes it look like a decorative accessory rather than a typical car air purifier. Although most car air purifiers have three or fewer operating modes, the device has four adjustable airflow modes, which will surely meet all your needs. Moreover, all of these are controlled via a power button.
Since it has all the functions of a standard car air purifier and the function of an additional humidifier, we included it in the list of the best car air purifiers. With the help of a USB charging port, a humidifier, and its four operating modes, while always keeping the noise level at a low level, it is a very good choice.
5. The Car Air Air Purifier 3in1 Premium Stainless Steel the Filter car air purifier
Main feature of PURE 3in1 Premium Stainless Steel the Filter car air purifier:
- Eliminate bacteria, allergens, and odors
- Fast charge 3.0 technology
- Dual car USB port and USB fast charging cable
- The AV socket is compact and easy to use
- Almost no noise during use
PURE car air purifier is a three-in-one device that can eliminate pollen, odor, and other particles in the air. It can provide you with clean, fresh air here, which can be breathed safely without causing any allergies. Dual USB ports provide more convenience for device charging, and its compact and stylish design fits the cigarette lighter connection. It can help you remove the smoke, pet odor, mold, food, and other daily odors in the car.
6. The QUEENTY the HEPA Car Air Purifier car air purifier
Main feature of QUEENTY the HEPA Car Air Purifier:
- Dual fans at the air outlet
- Elegant body and stainless steel base
- The non-slip rubber pad can be firmly installed on the car dashboard
- Powered by cigarette lighter socket
- Dual USB charger ports
- LED indicator is compatible with essential oils
This air purifier from Queenty is a compact device that can produce clean and fresh air in any vehicle. Queenty uses a three-stage filter system to remove 99% of the toxins in the air, and at the same time has a clean and elegant design that can fit the appearance of any vehicle interior. Its rubber pads can maintain the stability of the car even under high-speed driving and sudden braking. It has a working time of up to 6 months, and there is no need to replace its filter within 6 months.
7. The Enoch Car Air Purifier car air purifier
Main feature of QUEENTY the HEPA Car Air Purifier:
- Dual USB ports
- Blue LED indicator
- Minimal aroma/fragrance
- Release negative ions, eliminate peculiar smell
Enoch car air purifier is a small and easy-to-use tool. The device can release negative ions, which are attached to odorous particles, thereby being neutralized to eliminate odors. And it has a USB port on its body, which can also charge mobile phones or other electronic devices when in use.
8. The Bamboo Charcoal Air Purifying Bags charcoal air cleaner bags
Main feature of Bamboo Charcoal Air Purifying Bags
- Can eliminate bad odor: high-quality and efficient air deodorant
- Made of 100% activated bamboo charcoal, it is an ideal deodorant for cars, closets, bathrooms, and pet areas
- The charcoal bag is made of natural microporous activated bamboo charcoal, no fragrance, no chemicals, and no toxicity
- Safe and effective
This air purification bag is made of 100% activated bamboo charcoal. This convenient and practical purification bag is a good way to eliminate internal odors in cars or trucks, and it has no fragrance, chemicals, or residues. This purifier has a service life of up to 2 years and is made of durable and environmentally friendly materials. And even better, these bags can be left in the sun for about an hour to restore them to their original effect. With it, you can use it to help your car, house, trash can or gym bag no longer have bad smells, and you can breathe fresh air more easily.
9. EeconoLED Car Humidifier & Mini Air Purifier two-in-one car air purifier
Main feature of EeconoLED Car Humidifier & Mini Air Purifier
- Includes 2-hour automatic shutdown technology
- Including 180-degree rotatable water tank
- Easy to use and operate,
- Extremely portable, adaptable to any vehicle
- Use essential oils to eliminate odors in the car
This user-friendly mini car air purifier uses essential oils to help eliminate common odors in the car. You just need to pour a few drops of oil into the water, insert it into the AV adapter, and press the button to release the mist. The device is simple, durable, and easy to use. It can be used as an aroma diffuser or as a humidifier.
10. The IQAir Atem Car Air Purifier with the Filter HyperHEPA car air purifier
Main feature of IQAir Atem Car Air Purifier
- The HyperHEPA Plus filter can remove up to 99% of the particles (minimum 0.003 microns) from the cabin, including PM2.5, CO2, and diesel soot, as well as common traffic pollutants such as SO2 and NOx
- A High-efficiency filtration system can purify the air in the car up to 20 times per hour
- The powerful, efficient, ultra-quiet multi-phase fan motor can achieve quiet, constant operation without loss of filtration efficiency
- The 270-degree centrifugal fan sucks into the air purifier through a three-stage particulate and gaseous filter to remove harmful air pollutants to the greatest extent
It is the best solution to purify the air in the car. No matter how bad the polluted air is, it can ensure that you can breathe fresh air. IQAir Atem Car is the ideal choice for drivers who are always on the road. Whether you are traveling alone or with your family, this air purifier can create a healthy environment for you and your loved ones, allowing you to spend a good time. It can remove up to 99% of pollutants, from engine fumes, allergens to pollen, and dust.
The equipment uses three-stage filtration technology to remove most of the air pollutants in the surrounding air and provide clean air for breathing. This model does not use potassium permanganate. Instead, it includes activated carbon to remove odors and refresh the environment. The IQAir mobile app allows you to control the fan speed of the Atem Car by touching the screen. The speed setting releases purified air at different intervals. The first option is to release it every 12 minutes.
You can install this device in your car in less than 20 minutes. In order to take full advantage of it, please fix it somewhere in the middle. In this way, it is easier to clean the entire area in the car.
FAQ about Best Car Air Purifiers
Is the car air purifier loud?
The car air purifier will operate from low to low sound according to the size of the motor and fan. Some ionized air purifiers do not use fans at all, which makes them almost inaudible and quiet, but some larger air purifiers use larger fans to pass more air through their filters. If the sound is important to you, look for a speaker with a silent mode setting, or consider a car air purifier with ion technology.
Which car air purifier is best for eliminating smoke odor?
Cigarette smoke is one of the biggest complaints from drivers or passengers about car interiors, and it is also one of the main reasons why people buy car air purifiers for cars. Both filter air purifiers and ion air purifiers can eliminate the smell of cigarette smoke in the car, but if you encounter a larger smell, it is recommended that you consider using an air purifier in combination with an ion filter and a HEPA filter to achieve this effect optimally.
What are the common sources of pollution in cars?
There are many reasons for the poor air inside the vehicle. The most common pollution sources are peculiar smell, cigarette smell, carbon monoxide and other automobile exhaust, carbon dioxide, dust, toxins, pollen, and other particulate matter.
How does the car air purifier work?
The methods of purifying air generally used by car air purifiers are as follows:
- negative ion is a generator-also known as a car air ionizer.
- HEPA filter
- Activated carbon filter
- Ozone generator
- Air freshener
Conclusion of Best Car Air Purifiers in 2021
Poor air quality and pollution in cars are serious problems. Because of the need to remove gas and particles at the same time, it is difficult to solve.
The air filter installed in the car is designed to provide people with a clean air environment. Before making a final decision on car air purifiers, there are other points to consider:
- Vehicle size: If you have a larger vehicle, you need a more powerful air purifier. Look for areas specifically designed for the target area and cleaning larger areas. This ensures that the entire vehicle remains clean and fresh.
- If you have asthma: Finally, it is important to choose a purifier that suits you. Therefore, if you suffer from asthma or severe breathing difficulties, look for a purifier that can completely remove the air with a HEPA filter inside the car.
- Environmental hazards: In some areas, the air may be dirtier or dustier than others. Therefore, before choosing the brand and model of your purifier, you should always consider the area you live in or drive through. If you will not encounter too many pollutants, then you can choose a purifier that focuses on removing odors. However, if the risk of allergens is greater, an onboard air filter that can remove dust and debris is needed.