What is the appropriate humidity for the dehumidifier?
The dehumidifier cannot be placed next to the heater
Benefits of dehumidifier
The necessity of dehumidification
- The 10 Best Dehumidifier Buying Guide and Reviews
- The 10 Best Car Air Purifiers: Review & Buying Guide
- The 7 Best Levoit Air Purifier Reviews and Buying Guide
- Top 8 Best Small Air Purifiers for Bedrooms – Small and Large
- Best Air Purifiers for Wildfire Smoke Review & Guide
- Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma | Friendly Air Purifier
- 10 Best Air Purifiers for Pets [Remove dander, hair, odors & allergies]
- 10 Best Air Purifiers for Baby Room & Nursery
- The Best Air Purifier in The United States
- The 15 Best Air Purifiers For Home
- The 10 Best Air Purifier Brands You Need to Know
The 10 Best Dehumidifier Buying Guide and Reviews
1. Overall the best dehumidifier Frigidaire FFAP5033W1
Main feature of Frigidaire FFAP5033W1 dehumidifier
- Portable dehumidifier for humid rooms: When there is too much moisture, this dehumidifier can remove 50 pints of water per day, drying the air quickly and effectively. Rolling casters and integrated side handles make installation and storage easy and convenient.
- Efficient humidity control: suitable for any damp space in the home, including attic, basement, and garage.
- Reliable dehumidifier: By customizing humidity control and 3-speed fan speed, by minimizing moisture, maximizing comfort. The automatic shutdown and full tank alarm will let you know when you need to empty a 2-gallon bucket.
- Built-in pump: Set the device to continuous drainage mode, connect a standard garden hose (not included), breathe easier when the device is running independently, and maintain indoor air quality. The built-in internal pump can push water up to 16 feet, allowing drainage to enter the sink or window.
- Washable filter: The easy-to-clean filter captures the dust in the air, allowing your dehumidifier to work efficiently.
- Voltage: 115 volts
2. A great choice for large capacity GE Energy Star 50 Pint Dehumidifier
Main feature of GE Energy Star 50 Pint Dehumidifier
- 50 pints-This GE Energy Star dehumidifier can remove 50 pints of air moisture per day. This model is very suitable for any place in a humid room, home, or basement.
- Built-in pump-A built-in pump with hose allows water to be drained to any convenient location up to 16 feet away. This function does not need to check the water level in the bucket, nor does it need to periodically empty the bucket.
- Empty bucket alert-This feature will alert you when a 1.8-gallon bucket is full or lost. The alarm will sound for 10 seconds to let you know that it is time to empty or replace the bucket.
- CLEAN FILTER ALERT-This device works best when using a clean filter, so it will remind you when to clean it.
- Easy to use: Pocket handles are easy to transport between rooms. Other functions, such as adjustable humidistat, 3-speed fan speed, automatic restart and automatic defrost function, are easy to use and can effectively remove moisture in humid rooms.
3. Suitable for medium-sized rooms LG PuriCare 50-Pint Dehumidifier
Main feature of LG PuriCare 50-Pint Dehumidifier
- Stylish and functional: a stylish, modern black case houses an efficient, reliable, and quiet (48 dBA) portable dehumidifier that can effectively dry your space (up to 2000 square feet, 50 pints per day). It is not only suitable for damp living spaces such as basements, bathrooms, and laundry rooms, but also for bedrooms, attics, and garages.
- Safety to a higher level: the dehumidifier has all the latest safety features on the market, including non-flammable metal frame and external metal shell, heat-resistant glass fiber and silicone wire shell, airflow obstruction alarm, and safe standby mode, in continuous Turn off the device for 1 hour after 23 hours of use to prevent overheating.
- Revolutionary bucket design: The convenient, completely transparent, side-loaded 1.7-gallon bucket allows you to easily check the water level. The built-in lid and full-width handle provide a splash-free, clean and simple emptying solution. Automatic shut-off and indicator alarm alarms prevent flooding by sounding an alarm when the bucket is full.
- Fully functional: The eye-catching control panel has a large screen and bright white LED, allowing you to quickly and easily check the current humidity and the required humidity. On-board automatic defrost control allows low-temperature operation (as low as 41⁰F). Two fan speeds and a 12-hour timer bring you comfort and flexibility. It has obtained Energy Star qualification, which can save you money and effort!
- Washable filter: The removable and washable mesh filter allows your equipment to operate normally.
4. Frigidaire White 22-Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control
Main feature of Frigidaire White 22-Pint Dehumidifier
- Portable dehumidifier for humid rooms: When there is too much moisture, this dehumidifier can remove up to 22 pints of water per day, drying the air quickly and effectively. Rolling casters and integrated side handles make setup and storage easy and convenient.
- Effective humidity control: Suitable for any humid space in the home, including attics, basements, and garages.
- Reliable moisture removal: With custom humidity control and 3 fan speeds, you can maximize your comfort by minimizing moisture. The automatic shutdown and full tank alarm will let you know when a 2-gallon bucket needs to be emptied. Or, set the device to continuous drainage mode, connect a standard garden hose (not included), and breathe easier when the device is running independently to maintain indoor air quality.
- Washable filter: It has an easy-to-clean washable filter that captures dust from the air and keeps the dehumidifier working efficiently.
- Easy-to-access bucket: The front pull-out bucket has a full-height dent and can be easily removed at any time. An integrated handle and splash guard keep you and your environment dry when emptying the bucket. The convenient front water level indicator provides status updates at a glance.
Other main functions include:
- Low-temperature operation can provide better performance at lower temperatures and save energy and operating costs.
- It can remove up to 22 pints of moisture from the air every day.
- Runs from a standard 115-volt power outlet-just plug in the power source!
- Easy-to-use Ready-Select electronic controls.
- Digital humidity readings that are easy to view and understand.
- Easy humidity control allows you to precisely control the required humidity level.
- There is a 24-hour switch timer with a control lock.
- If it is located near the drain, it can be set to run continuously.
- An alarm system will tell you when the water tank is full and will automatically shut off at that time.
- The 2-gallon water tank has a handle and splash guard for easy operation.
- A convenient front-loading system is designed for removing/replacement of the fuel tank.
- Removable and washable bacteria trap filter.
- The SpaceWise design includes casters, integrated side handles, and top handles.
- Long power cords with cord packs do not require extension cords.
- Passed AHAM certification and UL/CUL certification
- Quickly remove excess moisture. Simple operation and simple control. Suitable for basements, crawl spaces, RVs, campers, and garages.
- Very economical.
5. Honeywell 70 Pint with Built-In Pump Dehumidifier TP70PWK
Main feature of Honeywell 70 Pint Dehumidifier TP70PWK
- A 50-pint 9-gallon dehumidifier for medium and large rooms: This powerful dehumidifier can effectively remove moisture from the air to protect walls, curtains, furniture, and appliances from excessive household moisture. Ideal for basements, living rooms, cellars, and storage rooms.
- Use your trusted brand to give you peace of mind: Since 2016, Honeywell dehumidifiers have received the highest rating from the independent product safety testing agency in the United States, and all Honeywell dehumidifiers have excellent warranty services. In addition, if you need help, the Honeywell Home Comfort customer service hotline can connect you directly to an internal customer support team (during office hours) ready to help.
- ENERGY STAR compliant: This compact and powerful device removes moisture with less energy than traditional dehumidifiers, saving you money.
- Easy to use and easy to maintain: The automatic drain pump can easily discharge the condensate vertically or horizontally out of the sink or window (up to 15 feet)-including the drain pipe. A durable air filter with a clean filter alarm helps to reduce dust and clean it under the tap-no need to change the filter.
- Designed for comfort: the digital humidistat control automatically activates dehumidification based on preset room conditions. What else? Other features include a 24-hour energy-saving timer, sleep mode, low-temperature operation, automatic restart after a power failure, and smooth gliding wheels.
Overview of HONEYWELL 70 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER dehumidifier:
- Overall product size: 12.4” x 15.8” x 25.4”
- Product weight (no water in the tank): 49.2 pounds
- Extraction capacity: 70 pints per day
- Water tank size: 14 pints (1.75 gallons)
- Power cord length: 5 feet
- Including drain hose length: 16.4"
- Power supply: 759 watts (maximum)
6. Amazon's best-selling dehumidifier hOmeLabs Dehumidifier for Large Rooms and Basements
Main feature of hOmeLabs Dehumidifier
- Large 3,000 square foot dehumidifier: This dehumidifier can remove up to 35 pints of water from the air per day. This dehumidification beast is suitable for any basement, cellar, or large room, and has passed Energy Star certification, so it can quickly and efficiently absorb moisture without increasing your energy bills.
- Designed specifically for modern homes: it has a stylish and clean appearance, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan.
- Super easy to use: adjust to your ideal humidity setting, and then let it run continuously for a 24-hour cycle until the water tank is full, at which time it will automatically shut down. No time to do this? It also has a drainage hose outlet for continuous drainage. The hose is not included; we recommend using a ⅝ inch diameter garden hose with internally threaded ends, and optional Teflon tape for added safety.
- Eliminate moisture and odor: It can reduce odor and moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also has a turbo mode that can increase the fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 to minimize moisture and reduce odors.
- Important: Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (this is how they absorb moisture). This product cannot work in the same room as the evaporative cooler and is suitable for a space of 1,500 to 3,000 square feet. It measures 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches and has a 1.8-gallon water tank capacity that can remove up to 35 pints of moisture from the air per day.
7. The best silent dehumidifier Waykar 1750 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier
Main feature of Waykar 1750 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier
- Suitable for dehumidifiers up to 1750 square feet-this dehumidifier can remove up to 34 pints (at 95°F and 90% relative humidity) of moisture per day. (Please note: the maximum dehumidification capacity is up to 34 pints at 95°F and 90% RH) The area is 1750 square meters. Feet and adjust the humidity from 30% to 85%. It is an ideal dehumidifier for any basement, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, storage room, living room, laundry room, cellar, crawl space, large space/room, etc.
- Unique design of modern home-Waykar dehumidifier adopts fashionable and modern design. With built-in wheels and an ergonomic handle, you can easily move this dehumidifier. The quiet fan will not disturb you when you sleep or work, and the fan speed can be adjusted to provide a variety of options. There are four air outlets on the four sides of the dehumidifier instead of one side. This design will increase the dehumidification speed.
- Smart touch control-there is a smart screen touch control panel display on the dehumidifier, you can easily operate it. Automatic humidity control: Just adjust to your ideal humidity setting, it will intelligently sense the room humidity and control dehumidification to maintain the preset humidity level. 24-hour timer: used to preset operations and reduce energy consumption. Automatic closing/opening: Automatically closes when the bucket is full and reopens when the bucket is empty.
- Designed with safety in mind-Waykar dehumidifiers have a safe standby mode function to prevent overheating. If the water tank is full, overflow protection and alarm functions can be provided to improve safety. Internal components are made of heat-resistant materials. Child lock setting and sleep mode function. Long press the "LOCK" button for 2 seconds to lock the dehumidifier. If there are children in the house, parents don't have to worry about breaking the appliance.
- Support – If you are not satisfied with the product, all Waykar dehumidifiers are entitled to a 30-day refund, a 1-year warranty, a 2-year warranty extension, and lifetime expert technical support. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the merchant, the merchant will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problem. The Waykar customer support team always only needs an email.
8. Eva-Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
Main feature of Eva-Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
- Easy to use: This mini dehumidifier will not overflow or stain. Non-toxic, safe for children and pets! Your small room will remain dry and odor-free. Suitable for areas up to 333 cubic feet.
- Mini dehumidifiers have a lot to do: Super dry dehumidifiers can last for 20-30 days before charging the silicone beads. The absorption capacity is as high as 6oz.
- Small and stylish design: This portable and compact design allow you to hang the dehumidifier or conveniently place it anywhere to combat the annoying humidity! Cars, closets, boats, cabinets, safes, and even gym bags! A very convenient and cool gift for everyone!
- 100% cordless dehumidifier: no cables or batteries required. Just charge your device and say goodbye to humidity! Renewable and rechargeable moisture absorbent. It can last up to 4 weeks before charging.
9. Best bathroom dehumidifier TOSOT 20 Pint 1,500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier
Main feature of TOSOT 20 Pint Dehumidifier
- Can cover 1,500 square feet: remove up to 20 pints of water every 24 hours. Whether you use this ENERGY STAR dehumidifier in the basement, bathroom, bedroom, or garage, it can quickly remove moisture without increasing your utility bill.
- Drainage option: The anti-overflow bucket has a capacity of 1 gallon, and a buzzer will sound to remind you to empty the drain bucket. If you don't like buckets, please connect a 3/4 drain hose (not included) to drain the water into the sewage pump or floor drain.
- Real-time monitoring: After selecting the target, the control panel will display the current humidity level. After reaching the goal you set, the device will power off. If the non-stop mode is selected, the dehumidifier will run regardless of the current humidity.
- Quiet operation: This dehumidifier is very quiet, you may forget its existence. A peak sound level of 48 decibels will be almost as quiet as a normal conversation in a private suburban street or home.
- Energy Star Rating
- Environmentally friendly and budget-friendly
- Ideal for use in the bathroom
- Restart after power failure
- Drainage channels
- Quiet operation in the background
- Washable air quality filter
- Removes up to 17 ounces of water per day
10. Best commercial basement dehumidifier Aprilaire 1830Z 1830 Pro Dehumidifier
Main feature of Aprilaire 1830Z 1830 Pro Dehumidifier
- Durable and using corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, the Aprilaire dehumidifier is designed and manufactured in the United States by Aprilaire, a leader in indoor air quality solutions.
- Use a dehumidifier to keep the relative humidity below 60%, thereby minimizing the survival rate of air viruses.
- Reduce and control the humidity in the basement and the entire home to help prevent damp carpets and furniture, mold, mildew, and odors, as well as mold, termites, structural wood rot, and odors in enclosed crawl spaces.
- Up to 9 gallons (70 pints) of water are removed every day.
- There is no messy drip tray to empty, easy to set up just put the hose or dehumidifier on the drainpipe, level it, plug it into the power source, set the target humidity, and you're done.
- Set and forget that IT control automatically starts dehumidification when it detects humidity above the target.
Powerful and reliable design:
Designed for large spaces:
Without water tank:
Buying guide for household dehumidifiers
How many pints of dehumidifiers need to be purchased can be referred to from the following aspects:
- Relative humidity: check the humidity level of the room
- Square feet: Measure the size of a room.
- Average temperature: Measure the average room temperature.
- Dehumidifier size: Calculate the size of the dehumidifier you need.
Step 1: Check the humidity level of the room
- If a space has a musty smell or sometimes feels wet in humid weather, it is considered humid.
- If it is always damp and moldy, it is very humid.
- If there is visible condensation on the ceiling or wall, it is a humid space.
- With the presence of mold.
- If there is condensation or standing water in a space, it also means that it is very humid.
Step 2: Measure the average room temperature
Step 3: Measure the size of the room
- Measure the length of the room in feet.
- Measure the width of the room in feet.
- 15 feet long
- 20 feet wide
- 25 feet long
- 30 feet wide
Step 4: Calculate what size dehumidifier I need?
Can the dehumidifier cool down?
Advantages of dehumidifier
How to use a dehumidifier
Don't use in corners
What size dehumidifier should I buy?
Example 1: What size dehumidifier is needed for the basement? – 500 square feet
- Area: 500 square feet
- Relative humidity: 80%.
- Average temperature: 70°F.
Example 2: What size dehumidifier is needed for the whole house? – 1200 square feet
- Area: 1200 square feet
- Relative humidity: 65%.
- Average temperature: 70°F.
Large space over 2,500 square feet
Small spaces between 100 and 250 square feet
In general, we can choose a suitable dehumidifier according to the size of the room:
- Small room dehumidifiers: These dehumidifiers are designed to control humidity in rooms under 500 square feet. They are most suitable for handling small and humid spaces such as bedrooms or offices.
- Medium-sized room dehumidifiers: These dehumidifiers are ideal for dehumidifying medium to large damp spaces up to 1,000 square feet.
- Large room dehumidifiers: Use these dehumidifiers to deal with a wider range of humidity problems, from excessive humidity to humid environments. This size is very suitable for large basements, crawl spaces, bedrooms, etc., with an area of 1,500 square feet.
- Whole house dehumidifier: The whole house dehumidifier can be integrated with the existing HVAC system of the family. Many of these dehumidifiers can remove excess moisture in up to 3,000 square feet of space.
Or choose a dehumidifier according to the room type:
- Crawling space dehumidifier: designed to solve the problem of humidity in a narrow crawling space.
- Basement dehumidifier: If your basement has a musty smell or other dampness issues, please consider using a reliable basement dehumidifier.
- Living area dehumidifiers: These single-room dehumidifiers are very suitable for use in bedrooms, living rooms, and other rooms.
- Flood repair dehumidifier: useful during flood cleanup and recovery.
- Industrial dehumidifier: suitable for manufacturing environment and warehouse. These commercial dehumidifiers can help employees keep facilities comfortable and protect your products from moisture damage.
FAQ about Best Dehumidifier Buying Guide and Reviews
Do I need a dehumidifier?
How does the dehumidifier work?
What is the ideal humidity level for my basement or living space?
Where should I put the dehumidifier?
Discover at TheBestNTop.com – your ultimate destination for the best product reviews and buying advice, know the similar words and differences between things!
Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family.